“I thought there would be more Bees.”
Review of Bee City

Bee City
More attraction details
Owner description: An insect town dubbed "The Sweetest Little Town in the World" is where bees live and work in a dollhouse city of tiny, painted wooden buildings.
Charleston, SC
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“I thought there would be more Bees.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I agree that the animals need more room and there could be some changes in the 'Nature Center,' but I also will acknowledge that you're going to get that anywhere when you have animals in captivity. I had a good time on my visit and being able to feed some lemurs was a very cool experience. I did expect more bees though. The exhibit they had was nice, but I don't know, just from what I read, I expected more bees. The family that ran it was super nice and the cafe there was good for a lunch. Great drive out there and fun for the whole family.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Travel1776

Santee, South Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“People mean well but animals need more room”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being an animal rehabilitator I know stress in animals when I see it. Most appear well fed but housing needs to be larger and more to keep their minds stimulated. Turtles had no way of getting out of the water, its like placing a human with no way of ever setting down to rest. No sunlight! We all need sunlight. When you see turtles, they're sunning. Mom's with babies need privacy, the mom's are stressed with their babies on display. Basically it broke my heart. if the owners are do care, they will make these changes.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank BeGee G
Summerville, SC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Bee City is Buzzing”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently visited Bee City with 6 of my grandchildren. They were hesitant at first because of the name, but they found that Bee City is named so because they raise Honey Bees and sell many honey related products. They also hold school field trips educating children on this. Also, they have a fantastic petting zoo, a building with all kinds of snakes, frogs, tarantula, scorpion, etc. There also were staff there to talk to the kids about the various creatures they were seeing, and given a chance to hold. They have a store and cafe on site also. The kids were able to feed monkeys, lemurs, llamas, etc. Bee City is very inexpensive and I highly recommend visiting there.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RitaCSummerville
Summerville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Day at Bee City”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Took my 2 Granddaughters, ages 8 & 3; had a great day. Loved the zoo, monkeys were the favorites - with their little bags of tricks. Mama Lemur with her baby in her pouch. Bunnies that could be petted. Garden for the children to play in. Was too cold to walk the nature walk, plan on going back for the chance to do that. Only problem? Parents: buy your children some monkey food, at a nominal price, went to feed the monkeys and saw that some children put stones in the monkeys feed basket. This could make the monkeys ill or even cause their death - please keep an eye on your children.
Restaurant does serve some food other than seafood. Some even geared for the kids.
Thank you Bee City for a Great Day!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pat K
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun for families!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

It was fun to see my teenager act like a little boy again as he fed the lemurs, monkeys, goats, alpacas, and other animals in the petting zoo. If your main objective is to see bees in action, you may be a little disappointed, but there is a nice classroom with bee exhibits and a working hive. The nature center exhibit has a nice display of various snakes, turtles, and other native and (and a few imported) wildlife.

We were quite pleased with Bee City as a family-friendly attraction and would recommend it to others.

1 Thank Gabrown19