“Absolutely horrible! False advertisement!”

Crossroads Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Absolutely horrible!! This hotel should be shut down! The room smelled like body odor. The carpet wasn't vacummed! The bathroom was totally disgusted! Also, the television are the old model Zenith and NO INTERNET! #Falseadvertising

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Pam W

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Came to town for a funeral checked in at1055 room 228 paid cash first mistake.air conditioner was broken room was filthy manager came up agreed it was not clean I told them I would be leaving she refused to give me my money back and I have not heard back from management

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank batteryman69
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I should have known better when the front desk gave me an email to the general manager and said if we had any complaints to email him. The room smelled like body odor, bathroom looked like it had not been updated since the 70's, carpet old and dirty and coming up....we wore shoes the entire time we were in the room because the carpet was so gross. I did not feel safe at the hotel, my daughter and I felt extremely uncomfortable staying here. We called the 1-800 Jameson Inn number and basically they said there was nothing they could do because the general manager for this specific location would not be in for the next three days. Since I had prepaid my room for three nights they said I could not cancel. I offered to stay the first night and then cancel the additional two nights but again they said only the general manager who was "conveniently away" could release us of our full reservation. I complained to them that I felt like they were holding us "hostage" by not allowing us out of our additional nights with a 24 hour advance notice. Horrible way to Manage a hotel!!!!! I will never, never....NEVER stay at a Jameson Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Teri R
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My best friend and I with our husbands went down to Myrtle Beach for the 4th of July weekend. We contacted the motel two days before to know if it would be ok for an early check-in which was an additional $30.00. We arrived after a 6-7 hours road trip. When we checked-in we already received our room key before we unpacked the vehicle, we decided to go upstairs to look at the room. Our room was on the second floor, no elevator, on our way up to the room the steps were wet, dirty, slippery and no caution sign anywhere to be found. Once we arrive to our room and open the door, we are welcomed with an outdated, smelly, and dirty carpet, just to name a few unpleasantly. This was completely unacceptable. We returned to the front desk to complain about our room and the cleanliness of the motel as well as the room, the front desk wanted to upgrade our room for an additional $40.00. We told them “NO, we wanted our money back; the manager came from the back room informing us that we could not get our money back because we checked in after 4:00pm and they would have to charge us for one night stay. We were infuriated by the manager’s response; we made a call to AAA to have them speak with the manager about returning our money. In my opinion AAA should rate this motel at a -1 star, if I’d know that this Motel /Inn look more like a rat trap. I am not sure where the motel found the pictures that they posted online, however it is NOT JAMESON INN at CCU oh that must have been the upgrade ;-(

Room Tip: PLEASE DO NOT STAY at this place, you will waste your money! I wish I had taken photos to show examp...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Patrice J
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I should have know when I walked into the lobby that I wasn't going to like this place. The rooms didn't have any bed linen, walked into the bathroom to find out that the room had never been cleaned and that the linen was in the tub. Tried to get my money back, but was given a very hard time. Talking about they could upgrade me to a better room but for more money. NOT....Whatever you do please do not stay this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't do it... Should have taken pictures of this place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My son and I drove 12 straight hours to Conway, SC. Once we arrived at Jameson’s Hotel we had to wait over a half an hour to get our room. Once we were in the room, the room was nasty and it smelled like mildew. The carpet was soak and wet and the bathroom was awful.. I wouldn't bathe a dog in it. We went back to the office to talk to the manager; she wouldn't come out of her office to speak to us about our dissatisfaction with the room. And to make matters worse, the young lady at the counter states that room is a pet friendly room and that is why it smells like mildew. Then she states, "Well I can move you to a much nicer room. WHAT! All the rooms should be nice! NO THANK YOU! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. Not only the rooms are nasty but the customer service is terrible too.

Room Tip: PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! Wish I have photos to show examples of how nasty this place is.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The place is dated. The first room we received had a tremendously bad chemical odor. We asked for another room and it was better (although the bathroom light did not work in it). The free wi-fi was a plus. The breakfast was pretty bad. The staff was nice enough but not very professional. The place is OK for a "check-in late/check-out early" overnight road trip stay, but I would not recommend it for a multi-night stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Branshan6290
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Comfort Suites at the University
#27 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
The Midtown Inn & Cottages
The Midtown Inn & Cottages
#97 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Crossroads Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!