“Precious Sleep”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Conway B&B and Inns
“Precious Sleep”
Reviewed January 24, 2006

I had planned one night at the Cypress Inn as a break from a long return drive on a road trip. The Inn was everything I had expected and more. That night I slept better than I had in months and decided at breakfast the next morning that I just had to stay another night. My hosts were more than accommodating and provided ample info related to my interests as to what I could do with my extra day. All in all, it was an extremely pleasent and relaxing stay.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed December 25, 2005

Hoping to end our daughter's college education on a high note, we booked 3 nights at The Cypress Inn in Conway rather than stay on the Myrtle Beach side(previously we had always stayed on the more commercial coast). Quite by accident we had discovered the place as we looked for the river boardwalk the previous spring. Located right on the marina along a short walkway adjacent to the river and its accompanying river park, The Cypress Inn is lovely.

Our trip began in great fashion with Jim, the proprietor, meeting us at the door after our 10 hour ride from Philadelphia. He showed us to our accomodations which were in The Miss Marple Room, where I could never hope to read all of the titles of Agatha Christie's novels shelved so adroitly there. Unfortunately, my health seemed to go south quickly. A cap on a molar fell off and a sinus infection blew up my left eye like a plum, which left me retreating to our room after dinner Thursday night.

On Firday morn I appraised Jim of my predicament and after scraping frost from our windshield he directed us to an urgent care facility for the sinus stuff and then to a dental care facility. By 12 noon I was almost whole. By evening my eye was almost normal and by Saturday morning I was ready for my daughter's graduation, and was feeling and looking like myself.

I know that this isn't your typical review of a B + B but it points out the attention to detail that Jim and Carol provide. We still did stroll along the boardwalk, and we had dinner in Conway at a fine restaurant, but the whole trip could have been a disaster without the owner/managers concern for our stay.

Finally, my daughter did graduate, and we were able to attend several of the pregraduation festivities with ease, because the commute from Conway was only 6 minutes from the campus.

All in all, a great save by JIm and Carol. Thanks again.

Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed December 19, 2005

My wife and I experienced a wonderful retreat in the midst of the Christmas hustle and bustle. We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary and Jim and Carol treated us to a relaxing weekend, where we were pampered like royalty. The accomodations were immaculate, very comfortable, and quiet. Our room overlooked the Waccamaw River, where a River Walk was decorated for Christmas. The room, with sleigh bed, fireplace, and jacuzzi, was spacious and adequate to move about without feeling cramped.
The breakfast was very good, served in a bright and sunny dining room. We enjoyed good hot coffee, fresh fruit, pound cake, and sufficient servings of the main entree.
Jim and Carol made dinner reservations for us in Myrtle Beach, gave us suggestions of places to visit, and provided directions to places we wanted to see. Every need was taken care of by our inn keepers. Both, Jim and Carol are very hospitable and entertaining, to the point we enjoyed sitting around the inn and talking with them.
The only negative thing we can say is the weekend was not long enough to visit.
We look forward to our next stay with them.

Stayed December 2005
5 Thank DDority
Reviewed December 2, 2005

We highly recommend the Cypress Inn for those couples who want a quiet, peaceful, romantic getaway!! We planned on going to the B&B for just a few nights on our honeymoon. Once we arrived, we had wished we booked the whole week there. We later traveled on to our next destination and it was just not what we had expected. So, we called Jim & Carol (the Innkeepers) to ask if we could return for the remainder of the week. We were so delighted they had a room for us to stay! Back we went for the rest of the week! We are so glad we did! Jim & Carol are passionate about what they do. They don't just treat you like customers, but rather, friends. The location is beautiful! The breakfast is delicious! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2005
Reviewed November 25, 2005

Jim and Carol (the hosts!) went over the top to make our stay here enjoyable. They were there to great us late on Thanksgiving evening, they helped with our luggage, and exuded friendliness and Southern hospitality. The room was beautiful --- and the bath with its rain showerhead and jacuzzi tub were delightful. Our stay was only 1 night - but, we would have loved to stay longer to enjoy some time enjoying the view of the boats in the marina from the front porch. The small town of Conway is a gem from the past - with a myriad of antique shops and restaurants. We'd love to return!

• Stayed November 2005
Reviewed November 22, 2005

I should have done this in May when we stayed at the Cypress Inn in Conway SC. We were looking for a place to retire to. We found Conway, and decided to look there. We felt the best way to experience the town was to stay in the heart of town. We found the Cypress Inn under the Conway Web site. After seeing the Inn's web site we were hooked.

Once there, we quickly found that we had made the best choose. Jim and Carol, who own the Inn were not only gracious host, but went out of their way to help us wiht our quest. They made phone call on our behalf all over town, and put us in touch with a realtor they knew. We have since bought a home in Conway which we're renting out until we retire in four years. When we return to Conway this spring, you can be assures we'll be staying at the Cypress inn.

Paul & Kathy Castellano

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alexis, NC
Reviewed August 30, 2005

At The Cypress Inn, relax with a Marina at your front door, step on a huge front porch every morning with the sunrise warming your face.
Indulge in a delicious breakfast that awaits you down stairs when you wake. During the day stroll the scenic river walk that’s a couple minutes walk from the inn loaded with wildlife such as turtles, birds, dragonflies, ducks and tons of butterflies! Treat yourself to a massage if you have had a stressful week. A massage therapist will come to the Inn to take care of your tired and stressed muscles. That’s what my boyfriend and I did. ‎It was a surprise to him from me. The Innkeepers here are the best! They will take care of all the details for you. All the way down to making sure your flowers, chocolates, strawberries and robes are placed in your room. (All the amenities you order) The room was absolutely gorgeous! The colors fit the theme.” the wisteria room" I loved it! It gave the room a light and cheery feeling. We took lots of pictures. This Inn is decorated with style and taken care of to show off that "Select Registry title" for the distinguished Inns of America. Jim and Carol Ruddick are very proud of that title. We ate at the fine restaurants in town and they were wonderful! The wine tasting at Belle Vita was enjoyable. I ordered some wine that I had there. It will be arriving soon by Fed-ex. You two made a lasting impression on my boyfriend and I and we have discussed coming back and getting married there. Eloping sounds like the plan so far with our closest friends attending if they agree. This was the best vacation ever. Anyone who doesn’t like this place has got to be just nuts or just trying to get something for nothing!
The Cypress Inn is Heaven on Earth!

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank Lindensmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Comfort Suites at the University
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites near Outlets
Sleep Inn & Suites near Outlets
#91 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!