“Room for improvement”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2011

For the record, my wife wanted me to give the Cypress Inn two stars for its old décor and tired room, but I felt that three stars was more appropriate since the innkeepers here are great people. On that note; we tried checking in at 300pm on the first of our three night stay at the inn, but no one came to the door. We stood around and rang the door bell once again. A gentleman outside noticed that we were standing around and he let us in since he was a guest and had a key. We found the innkeepers in their office on their computers upon which they checked us in and gave us a brief tour of the room and lobby area.

The room itself is extremely tired. (We posted a few pictures) The bed looks like the one that my parents had in their bedroom after they first got married in the 1970s. The furniture is equally as old and our room had a television that looked like the first landing on the mood had been watched on it…and there was a VCR to go with it. Neither my wife or I had an video tapes to watch. Not that we had planned on it, but for an inn that boasts it’s AAA 4 Diamond rating, I’d have to think that the Inn could use something beyond a VCR. Plus, the room we stayed in was one of their more expensive.

The area that the inn is nestled around is extremely quaint and there are a couple good options for dinner in town that the innkeepers will happily make a reservation at for you. As shown on their website, it’s also situated on a private marina, but there didn’t seem to be any boating going on.

Breakfast in the mornings was decent. The Sausage Gravy that our innkeeper made was delicious, but we found that the pastry and fruit that they served in the morning was unappealing and not at all homemade. I was irked that in each morning’s newspaper, the Sports section had been removed so that the guests couldn’t read it.

Although there is room for improvement, my wife and I found both families that were the inn keepers were extremely friendly and warm. If in the area again, we would probably pass up the opportunity to stay here in the future. Furthermore, my wife and I spent 2-3 nights at 5 Bed and Breakfasts over the past two weeks and we’d rate this inn 5th out of the 5 that we stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank goldarch

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I am always looking for unique B&B's as we travel several times a year and this Inn kept showing up on recommended travel guides. We spent two nights here after traveling all week down the East coast and what a wonderful way to end our adventure. You walk into the foyer and are overwhelmed by the beautiful furnishing and view of the marina. We were graciously greeted by Hugh and his sister Anne. Our first floor room looked out onto the marina and was so comfortable. The bath was huge with lots of shelves and space for your traveling needs. The breakfast eggs one morning were scrambled perfectly and the over easy were just as good. We met Carol the next morning and she just added to the hospitality team. Available for guests, water, wine, snacks, dinner reservations, the Cypress Inn is the best.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Cyrpess Inn was one of the nicest B&B's I've stayed in. Wonderful accomodations and the breakfasts were pure comfort food. Highly recommend staying there. A great business get away!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Such a great place with the best innkeepers. Breakfast is to die for.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was visiting friends, and instead of staying in Myrtle Beach, we opted to stay at the Cypress Inn. The Innkeepers (George, Anne, Carol, and Hugh) were very welcoming and friendly. They prepared my favorite for breakfast, waffles and fresh fruit, and the coffee was exceptional.

I loved the rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the marina on the river. It was beautiful and relaxing, much more so than what we would have encountered in Myrtle Beach.

I enjoyed the lovely lavender bath gel and the whirlpool tub, and I admit that I didn't feel guilty while transforming into a prune!

The Inn is so lovely, from the people and the decor, to the outdoor scenery. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and I plan on visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2011

This has been our third trip down to our favorite B&B, and we enjoy it more every time. Our hosts have always been pleasant and friendly, and every year we feel more at home there. The atmosphere there is comfortable without sloppy informality and elegant without the snobbery. We cannot wait for our next trip.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Our stay with the Inn during the holidays was wonderful. As an Army veteran, I really enjoyed talking with George and Hugh about their service to our great country. The Inn's location on the river is perfect location to stay in Conway. The city's riverwalk is just steps from the Inn's front door...great place to walk-off the delicious, hearty breakfast. The Inn and Rivertown Bistro are two reasons we will return to Conway in our future travels.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Conway
Budget Inn Conway
Budget Inn Conway
#2 of 2 in Conway

Been to The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!