“Reading The Reviews”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Wheelchair Accessible
Conway, South Carolina
“Reading The Reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have been reading other people's reviews on Ryan's, and I have no idea, what restaurant their going too, but if it's Ryan's on Church Street, sorry, but I have to disagree with them. My wife, and I have been going to Ryan's for the last 4 or 5 years, and it's one of our most favorite places to eat. As a matter of fact, we just ate there today. No we do not work there, or have friends there. Actually, I am a Writer / Poet / and an Author, and also record CD's of my work, and also, having worked with Mr. Michael Landon, who was my greatest friend for many, many, years, until his passing in 1991. We have found the food, and the staff to be the finest, and have had the staff go out of their way, to do more than they needed to for us, and no, they have no idea, who I am or what I do. Someone complained of a smell. As of today, I have made an appointment to explain to the Head Quarters of Ryan's, where the smell might be coming from, and how easy it is to be fixed, other than that, wife, and I have to disagree. Great place to eat, great food, and an amazing staff, who by the way, and I have seen it done, before they handle any food, always wash their hands, and wearing gloves, and we have eaten there many times, day, and night. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. The steak, and roast beef is the greatest. Prime Rib, melts in your mouth, and their selection of food is the finest. Yes, we live here, and my wife, and I love Ryan's., and once again, we know no one there personally, and we receive no discounts, or special favors of any kind, that has made us favor them in any way, in writing this review. Just maybe Ryan's is not the place for certain people, and maybe they should continue eating at the road side places, like Wendy's, Burger King or Mcdonalds. Heard they have some great food there ! Top of the line food ! A number 1 or is it 2 ? Good day food lovers, enjoy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank James John B

West Seneca NY.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Listen to what i say”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and myself just moved to Conway sc. and decided to go to Ryans on church st..I must say it was terrible.The stuffing was the worse I ever had.The steak was like shoe leather,the rest of the food was tasteless.We had a coupon,but even with a coupon they make you buy a drink at 1.99 for each one.Total cost $22.00 and change,Not very cheap.There were people with reviews that said it was great because it was all you could eat,My wife and myself go out to eat to enjoy the food not to stuff ourselves.If company people review these reviews than all i can say is fix your problem child before its to late.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank cobrawestseneca
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Our Grandkids wanted to go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I should have left when we looked at the food but the grandkids wanted to go so we did. It was a low end quality and would never go there again if I have a choice in the matter

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Robert R
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO HERE MANAGERS AND STAFF ARE BAD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

my husband and my brother witness a guy asking the staff to cut a piece of cake for him, because the cake they had on the bar had flies flying over it. the lady refused and the manager was called . we witness the guy ask for his money back and the manager went off using profane language and telling his whole family to get the hell out. they threaten the family of calling the police for no apparent reason, and the family was tossed out. after seeing this we decided that if they treated people like this we did not want to eat here. stay away from this slack ,racist place. the manager and her staff needs to be fired, they actually followed the family to their vehicle and were yelling at them like dogs. the manager yelled i'm pressing charges, this is not an environment to treat a whole family that way. stay away from this place. the food is old, there is a nasty smell when you walk in, and all the managers are racist.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank undercoverdinner
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Just OK, Try Someplace Else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We live in the area and just decided to give this place a try. Not horrible, bot not great either. Would not return. Maybe other Ryan's are better. I can only talk about this one in Conway. Head the rest of the way to the beach and you can find better choices. Average food. My husband and I both like rare steaks. You couldn't give me a steak that would be too rare for me. Well, Ryan's managed to do it! They gave us both totally 100% raw meat with just a grill mark on the outside. 100% raw! Couldn't eat it. Salad bar looked decent. The rest just totally average. There is a discount for seniors. The meal was about ten or eleven dollars per person. Had to wait a long time for someone to notice us waiting to come in to be seated. The people working there were not rude, but not particularly friendly either. The ice cream machine was empty when we tried it. Blah atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013