“Upscale menu with interesting dishes”
Review of Rivertown Bistro

Rivertown Bistro
Ranked #1 of 149 Restaurants in Conway
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can usually count on an excellent meal at Rivertown Bistro with a menu that offers interesting choices from appetisers to desserts and provides alternatives for vegetarians that exceed the norm at most other places. The chef likes to experiment with unique ingredients that offer your palate some delectable surprises. However, if you are in any way dissatisfied, your server will take your plate back to the kitchen and make it right. The atmosphere is comfortable but not formal. A good place for an upscale lunch. The bar is a popular gathering place for local professionals at happy hour. The upstairs dining room is rather stark, so ask for seating downstairs if at all possible. If you have a group of 8 or more, the Bistro will tack on a surcharge for using the upstairs "private" dining room which is really just a landing near the elevator...a practice that I find annoying. There is outside seating on the top deck that overlooks the street.

There are newer reviews for Rivertown Bistro

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Recently, my wife and I had lunch at Rivertown Bistro, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. From the outside, the restaurant is very unassuming, and I even wondered out loud whether it was open. Once inside, it was quite nice, with all of the seating, both chairs and booths, featuring nicely cushioned backs and bottoms. We were there for lunch, and the menu was very interesting, with some unusual choices. My wife's wraps and my grilled chicken breast on a pretzel roll were both delicious. The sides were also excellent...fried green tomatoes for my wife, and fried sweet potato chips and a vinegar based pasta salad for me. All in all, we'd certainly make it a point to go back the next time we're in Conway.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family and friend had a most satisfying dinner. Our server was informative, helpful and appropriately attentive.

My wife and I really enjoy a good pimento cheese burger. Check. Son likes Dutch. Check remained of our party were all very satisfied with their meals.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went there after a long day of driving. The ambiance was excellent. We had four different dishes but we shared them all. I had the Shrimp and Sausage dish, it had grits and cheese with grilled vegetables. It was tasty and the vegetables were tender. My friend had the pasta with a white wine cream sauce, with shrimp and pork tenderloin. It was delicious and the portion was large. It also had sundried tomatoes and asparagus. They had several wines that they highlighted on their wine list, how ever the waiter allowed me to taste some of them and then I purchased a glass. My niece had the Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with a potato casserole. It was yummy but what isn't when it's wrapped in bacon. We finished with desert and the key lime pie was sublime. The crust was made with ginger snaps or so we think. We would go back.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went there for lunch with a large group and everything was great. Sat on the front balcony/porch, everything fromt he drinks to desert was great. Service and food outstanding.