“Great seafood.”

Add it.
Alphi's Reef
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My family went to the new seafood rest. in Conway,s.c. and found the food to be excellent. We had the prime rib and alaskan crab legs. They were nice big crab legs and a big cut of steak. The inside is very comfortable and homey, decorated in vintage pottery and antiques. In the evenings they have table clothes to add to the decor. The service was wonderful and I would highly recomend it to anyone. You can go for breakfast, lunch or dinner, seven days a wk.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family is always looking for new resteraunts to try and we had seen the signs of the upcomming opening and looked forward to trying it. We normally try new places without the children but this time we made an exception. When we went inside we could see the changes the new ownership had made since the last owners. This building has seen it's share of Resteraunteurs as tennants and normally didn't last long with the exception of one. We were shocked to see so many familiar faces on the staff. We were promptly seated and were told of the specials of the day and handed menus. I was a little dissapointed with the menues because they appeared to be quick word processor print outs with about 8-10 selections on them (no pictures). No beverages, sides or even a childrens menu. We made our selections and our drinks and appitizer soon arrived. I left the selection to the family so I am not sure of what they called it. It was a hot crab dip with toast rounds around the plate. My only comment would be since the waitress did comment on making it a portion for 4, we only got 5 of the toast rounds. Lots of dip left with nothing to accompany it. We had all ordered diffferent seafood dishes so we could experience more of the menu. The dishes were good but the homemade condiments were a bit spicy. I love spicy and enjoyed the cocktail sauce but no one else at the table could use it. It was also half frozen. In contrast, the tarter sauce could have been more flavorful. In all we experienced the Fried oysters, Fried Shrimp, Crab Cakes and the Seafood Plater. A lot of emphisis is put on the fact that everything is home made and I can appreciate that. So at the end of the meal, as usual the children wanted desert, so they ordered the Key Lime Pie and the Coconut Cream Pie. They were good but we did expierence the frozen factor again. All in All, an ok experience. Being relatively new, there are always kinks to work out and I was able to overhear management correcting the staff while in the kitchen. I do not mean to make it sound like it was loud, It was not. I just happened to be close enough to hear it. Given a little more time I hope that they have a successful venture.

1  Thank MaynardM_11