“Excellent place to stay but a bit pricey...”

Super 8 Conway/ Myrtle Beach Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Excellent place to stay but a bit pricey...”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Everything went smooth, nice clean room, young girl at desk very helpful in mapquesting a route for me to find a realtor, clean pool area, ate my dinner there one evening, very relaxing, breakfast area was tight but we were lucky each morning, only two tables and eight chairs, it was a good stay but what I thought was maybe over-priced slightly....four nights cost me 322.00 with an AARP discount...I usually look in the $50-65 range and usually have good luck but I was in a hurry here...you are close to everything Conway can offer...would I stay here again?....maybe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This best Western is not a five star hotel, but it is a clean and well run operation. The staff, from the manager, maid and even the maintenance folks, are very friendly and helpful.
I did not have the breakfast, but I did notice that it looked good and many guests did take advantage of it.
The purpose, of this trip, was to meet buddies from the military, that we have not seen in many years, so it was important to not have any distractions. No one had any complaints.
Great vacation and staying here made it better.

Room Tip: This hotel is next to a busy highway, but noise was not noticable. We stayed on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Springfield, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Other reviews complained of bugs and other problems. My recent stay was fine except for getting a smoking room when I had reserved a non-smoking room. I was offered another room at a higher cost....Smoke odor went away by day 2....otherwise a good experience....close to CCU

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed one night during our trip. At 2 am I was awakened by an insect crawling on me - which I instinctively swatted. I was awake until after 4 am awaiting the next assault. In the morning we found my assailant (a cockroach which covered the bottom of the coffee cup I used to scoop him up). When I took the bug to the office at checkout the girl was freaked out and left to talk to the manager. She returned and said the manager said thanks they would check the room.
No apology, no discount, no come back and we will give you a free room...nothing. Unless you like sharing your bed with unwanted guests, skip this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Columbia, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Since I and my golf buddy were splitting a room I was hesitant about Best Western, but when I saw the room it was updated, very clean, and the whole place looked very neat. The breakfast is a bit modest, but I would love to return and stay here again. The bed rivals the one at Hampton Inn -- very good sleeping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I knew when I saw that they had vacancies on a Friday night, there might be some issues but we really wanted to stay one more night in Myrtle beach. It's over priced at $139 for a king bed with AAA discount. They have an outside pool that goes up,to 5 feet. It's small but ok. There is a jacuzzi tub in the room but it is not clean. Room had a funny smell, but it went away after leaving door open for a bit. Older furniture and rug was sticky. No pool towels.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this motel because we were only going to be in the area 1 day and 2 nights and didn't want to pay the high beach prices. We booked it through priceline who had it then listed as 2 half stars. We sensed immediately that it was not as clean as it should have been. It was a jacussi room but everything in it was out of date. We did enjoy the pool for a little while the first afternoon. The breakfast room was non existant as you were in the lobby and the food so so. We actually did not stay in the room the second night as we decided to go on to another destination. I wouldn't say this is the worst room I have ever stayed in but it is definately not up to the standard that I have come to expect from Best Western.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Comfort Suites at the University
#94 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons

Been to Super 8 Conway/ Myrtle Beach Area? Share your experiences!