“A nice place and near our golf outing”

Super 8 Conway/ Myrtle Beach Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Columbia, United States
“A nice place and near our golf outing”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Since I and my golf buddy were splitting a room I was hesitant about Best Western, but when I saw the room it was updated, very clean, and the whole place looked very neat. The breakfast is a bit modest, but I would love to return and stay here again. The bed rivals the one at Hampton Inn -- very good sleeping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I knew when I saw that they had vacancies on a Friday night, there might be some issues but we really wanted to stay one more night in Myrtle beach. It's over priced at $139 for a king bed with AAA discount. They have an outside pool that goes up,to 5 feet. It's small but ok. There is a jacuzzi tub in the room but it is not clean. Room had a funny smell, but it went away after leaving door open for a bit. Older furniture and rug was sticky. No pool towels.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this motel because we were only going to be in the area 1 day and 2 nights and didn't want to pay the high beach prices. We booked it through priceline who had it then listed as 2 half stars. We sensed immediately that it was not as clean as it should have been. It was a jacussi room but everything in it was out of date. We did enjoy the pool for a little while the first afternoon. The breakfast room was non existant as you were in the lobby and the food so so. We actually did not stay in the room the second night as we decided to go on to another destination. I wouldn't say this is the worst room I have ever stayed in but it is definately not up to the standard that I have come to expect from Best Western.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Honestly, I chose this hotel because of the price. Hotels in Myrtle Beach were outrageous, and I was on a budget. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The linens, bedding and matresses were new. Bathroom was spotless and had no mold or mildew. Although I didnt use the pool, it was clean as well. The only negative thing I could say, was that my GPS was telling me I was at my desitnation, but I couldnt find it. I had to turn around, and finally saw it. The hotel sits off the road, and has quite a lot of trees and shrubs nearby hiding the property. Not any fault of the hotel itself, probably a county or town issue with grass cutting and tree trimming on adjoining property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Decent room. It was a little damp but they had just received a ton of rain. Below average bed and internet speed.

It took me 15 minutes to check in despite being the only one at the desk. The young lady was friendly enough but I believe she was in the process of changing shifts and could not find my reservation.

I stay at Best Westerns a lot and usually enjoy their hot breakfast. This one was more like a Super 8 or Days Inn.

All in all not terrible for the price but not up to Best Western standards.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brooks, Georgia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

While traveling in Arkansas I used the internet to search for a hotel in Conway, AR, The results listed this property. I made a reservation but when I arrived at the hotel in Conway, AR we discovered the mistake. The reservation was less than 2 hours old but the Conway, SC manager refused to cancel the reservation (it was 4:30 in the afternoon). From reading some of the other reviews it seems that the only problem at this hotel is the management.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ken P
BestWesternGuestInn, General Manager at Super 8 Conway/ Myrtle Beach Area, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconveniences faced while traveling. Our goal is to provide a pleasurable and problem-free stay when staying in the Conway/Myrtle Beach area. I can see how two cities with the same name could be confused, however when booking a reservation, guests agree that the information is correct and accurate prior to booking. Unfortunately, you were charged upon booking the reservation through one of our third-party travel partners. We normally give the guest an opportunity to call within the hour of booking a reservation to cancel due to any mistakes; it simply would not be fair to those whom have called and cancelled with a cancellation fee of one night's stay. If we were to take exception for one guest, we would have to take exception for every guest. We encourage you to book directly through Best Western's website or telephone number in the future to prevent this sort of ordeal. When booking directly with hotels, you have the convenience of cancelling by 4PM on the day of arrival. Again I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have faced.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms were okay, very clean and quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable. Evening Manager is very nice and extremely helpful. Worth a stay if you dont want to get stuck in the heart of Myrtle Beach. Plenty of shopping and golf around

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! We enjoy reading about our guests' stays with us, so we can improve and continue doing what guests see as positive. We are in the process of updated guest rooms, I encourage you to let us show you what we've done to make these rooms wonderful, rather than 'okay.' Thank you again for the great review, hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Comfort Suites at the University
#95 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons

Been to Super 8 Conway/ Myrtle Beach Area? Share your experiences!