“The wifi sucks and the bed's are mediocre at best, Otherwise great!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed June 15, 2014

There is no working wifi, so if you need an internet connection do not stay here. We have a multitude of devices from smart phones to tablets and laptops, none of them can connect to the wifi due to the high demand placed on the router and the service provider basically going no internet. The employees themselves even stated to us, that the wifi sucks and if you are able to get internet, your lucky.

The bed's where hard and stiff, pretty much a step up from the floor. Parking is absolutely horrible if you are coming in at night. It's worse if you are trying to park a pick up truck but during the day and afternoon, there is almost no one in the parking lot so you get your pick of the spots.

The room's are very clean, and the air conditioner is great. Really the only complaint I have, is the stiff bed and no wifi. The pool is great, water pressure in the shower is awesome and we have a fridge, microwave and coffee pot that is spotless in our room which is really lovely and greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: If you don't like rock hard beds, bring a down blanket or something to sleep on top of. A good s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Nothing spectacular, but I rested well and it was quiet. The girl at the desk, Laura, was very helpful. She got me a room on the first floor which was great since I had just driven for 12 hrs and my legs were cramping. The ice machine worked and the room A/C was cold..2 big pluses.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The employees here were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and beds comfortable my daughter especially loved the shower . I would totally recommend this hotel to everyone . The econo lodge down the street was a dirt bag hotel .

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a decent place in pretty good shape. The desk staff was great at check in. It is in a good location to find someplace to eat. We did not eat at the restaurant on the property. Myrtle Beach is a short drive away. The main highway to the beach is a pain during rush hour. We couldn't get the thermostat set. The heat was on high all night and it never did that warm in the room. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adak C
Reviewed February 13, 2014

our power went out at our house in Gresham and we had to find a nice place to keep us warm until power came back on, this is a great place to stay.would definitely come back here again it was real clean and comfortable place to stay with great TV

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank amandatindall
grandpa29527, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have stayed here twice and today made our third reservation, for next week. This is a motel constructed in the days when folks took great pride in their work. The walls are very thick and we heard absolutely nothing from our neighbors. The décor may be a bit dated, but the room was spotlessly clean! I, foolishly, left an antique, heirloom, sterling silver pill case in the room. I thought I had replaced it in my purse after using it; but, when I looked for it while we were out, it wasn’t in my purse. In our absence, housekeeping had cleaned our room; found it, and placed it on the dresser for me to find when we returned. Huge kudos to this honest person. This is a family-owned motel that obviously holds true to old fashioned values and standards. Highly recommend with no reservations, whatsoever!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelman_53, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stopped here on my way to a week of golfing in Myrtle Beach. Dmitri was at the desk for my check in and was very friendly and courteous. The check in process went smoothly and I was quickly up in the room. The room was average, good sized and had the scent of the normal hotel/motel spray. All was clean and operating fine. I slept well even though the mattress was a bit firmer than I like. I had breakfast in the adjoining restaurant. Good service and good food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
hotelman_53, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your review of our motel. It is was our pleaure to have you stay at our motel on your recent golfing trip. We hope you had a good nights rest before the start of your weeks golfing.
It is great to hear from our guest's and your comments are taken very seriously. I will share this info with our staff and owners. I am very pleased that you felt our guest service agent Dimitri was helpful and friendly. Dimitri is new with us and has only been here about 2 weeks. I will be sure he see this and certainly thank him for his good work.
Please let me know if your are in our area again. I would really like to help you with your future lodging needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Sleep Inn & Suites
#90 of 207 in Myrtle Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Broadway Area
11 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Myrtle Beach, SC

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!