“This place deserves to be out of business.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The clown working behind the counter was an absolute jerk. He was very rude to my wife and children. I honestly thought about going by there and beating him senseless. As matter a fact another family I know canceled their reservation because of this clown. He cost them 8 nights worth of rooms. And I hope this review cost them more. Save yourselves the pain and skip by them and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike H
hotelman_53, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. If you can clairify the person you dealt with I would like to find out from him what happened ? I am sorry for your experience and will work on this matter.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

There were no negatives for this hotel. From the friendly and helpful front desk staff to the very clean,well equiped room, I could not have been happier. Although it's on Hwy 501, it's set far enough back that there is no loud traffic noise. One last perk to mention-it's competitively priced.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room, so I don't know about the others.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
hotelman_53, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay here at the Econolodge of Conway. We were truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Econolodge. We strive to make every experince a positive one for our guests and thank you again for you review. Lets us know if we could help you with your future traveling needs.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We started looking for a hotel in Charleston and everything was booked throughout the area due to the bridge run, tennis tourney, and several festivals. We started driving north and couldn't find anything... finally, by 4:30 in the morning we found this place and I begged them to make an exception about pets, promised I would keep the dogs crated, and only requested a few hours' sleep... when the front desk clerk saw how exhausted we were, she called the owner who granted permission. So, how do you criticize kindness?!?!?? These ladies were SO kind, but the hotel itself was a nightmare (considering the price of $75). We tried to turn on the heat when we got to the room and sparks flew out everywhere... the room was outdated, old, musty, smelly and stained... we didn't want the bedspreads to touch us so we were left with thin sheets and a cold room... we couldn't even charge our cell phones because the outlets were in such bad shape they jiggled when you touched them and the charges would not stay in (they were loose from the walls). Even the towels had a mildew smell. We are grateful for the kindness shown to us and hate to complain, but we definitely would not stay here again. We simply did not feel safe. I could not reach the smoke alarm to test it, but I could not see a light blinking on it either... we had to get a chair to turn the heat on... it did come on despite the sparks, but it never heated the room and I was afraid to go to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your comment about your recent stay. Although I do sympatize with your experience you did not stay here at the Econolodge of Conway. You had stayed at the Conway Inn and Suites directly across from our hotel. Although I know this might be confusing they are two separate hotels on the same property. On the night you checked in we were full here at the Econolodge but the building next door still had rooms. I know you checked in here as the office in the Conway Inn and Suites was closed. Our Guest Service agent was really concerned about you so she called the owner of the Conway Inn to see if she could rent a room for you.
We here at the Econolodge have a strong no pet policy. While I can truly understand the concerns you had at the Conway Inn the guest service agent was just trying to help you out. I will speak with all the agents here and make sure that we do not rent out any more rooms for the Conway Inn when their office is closed. I hope you undersatnd and keep us The Econolodge in mind with your future tarveling needs. Our rooms ahve been recently renovated and we would appericate the chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall, the room I had (single king suite) was large and faced away from the road, so it was quiet. The place could use some updating, but was clean as it could be. I had just driven roughly 11 hours and really was hoping for a comfortable bed. Unfortunately, it was one of the hardest beds I've ever slept on. The bed frame squeaked when I shifted on the bed trying to get comfortable. Kind of a disappointment. They advertise having large flat panel tv's but that must have been in a different room. The decor and styling was what I was expecting for a place in this price range, but they need some new beds... At least in the room I had.

• Stayed: April 2013
hotelman_53, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank your for your recent stay with us. We take all our comments seriously and would like to inform you that yours comments were indeed helpful to us.
I am pleased to inform you that your concerns have been dealt with. We had installed a new Flat Screen HDTV in the room, along with a matress and box spring. As for the room we are in the process of updating our entire motel. We have been a family owned motel here for many years and take pride in our rooms. We hope to be able to provide a clean,comfortable room to each and every one of our guest. We have updated our breakfast and are above the standards that Choice requires us to have. As for service we hope you enjoyed our Southern Hospitality.
I look forward to be able to help you with your lodging needs in the future if you are ever in our area. Please call me and I will personaly take care of your needs. Or just feel free to stop and say HEY !! I

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was in town for a Wedding, booked the room 2 days prior as I didn't want to have to drive back and forth from Conway for the rehearsal and wedding. Check in was a breeze, the clerk was very friendly, gave me extremely specific directions to the Peanut Warehouse where the wedding was to be held. I'd have been hopelessly lost without his directions, the GPS in my phone couldn't find it. Had a single room with a double bed, size was decent, had a table and a couple chairs, microwave and cold fridge, and a nice flatscreen TV with a good selection of channels. I was in a smoking room, but I'm a smoker so not a big deal. The bed was very comfortable, shower had hot water. Plenty of parking on site. Checked out 30 minutes late, wasn't an issue, the lady at the desk was very friendly and was genuinely happy I enjoyed my stay.

Room was very clean, could have used more electrical outlets though, I had to unplug the bed light to plug in my phone.

Location can't be beat, minus trying to turn out onto 501. 3 minutes from downtown Conway and the river, plenty of places to eat nearby.

I'd be more than happy to stay again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent comments.It was our pleasure to have you here at our motel. I hope the wedding that you were here for went well. It's guest like you that make my job enjoyable.
Please feel free to stop by if you are ever in our area. I would like to Thank you for your stay personaly.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

i stayed two nights in september, 2012 in a king room with couch, two chairs, mini fridge and tv. it was very quiet, everything worked well and it was clean. the beed was comfortable, the bath sparkling and the shower water hot. there was plenty of parking and although I did not use the pool, it appeared well maintained and the water was clear. the staff was accommodating and friendly. i will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was a last minute, leave for vacation one day early without reservations kinda stay. The desk clerk was very friendly and the price wasn't bad compared to so many others in the area. The room was again not too bad for a last minute option, however did have a "different" smell to it but did appear to be he cleanest the staff could make it with what they were working with.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Sleep Inn & Suites
Affordable Suites Myrtle Beach
#87 of 208 in Myrtle Beach
11 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Myrtle Beach, SC

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!