“Good for a cheap hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was in town for a Wedding, booked the room 2 days prior as I didn't want to have to drive back and forth from Conway for the rehearsal and wedding. Check in was a breeze, the clerk was very friendly, gave me extremely specific directions to the Peanut Warehouse where the wedding was to be held. I'd have been hopelessly lost without his directions, the GPS in my phone couldn't find it. Had a single room with a double bed, size was decent, had a table and a couple chairs, microwave and cold fridge, and a nice flatscreen TV with a good selection of channels. I was in a smoking room, but I'm a smoker so not a big deal. The bed was very comfortable, shower had hot water. Plenty of parking on site. Checked out 30 minutes late, wasn't an issue, the lady at the desk was very friendly and was genuinely happy I enjoyed my stay.

Room was very clean, could have used more electrical outlets though, I had to unplug the bed light to plug in my phone.

Location can't be beat, minus trying to turn out onto 501. 3 minutes from downtown Conway and the river, plenty of places to eat nearby.

I'd be more than happy to stay again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
hotelman_53, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments.It was our pleasure to have you here at our motel. I hope the wedding that you were here for went well. It's guest like you that make my job enjoyable.
Please feel free to stop by if you are ever in our area. I would like to Thank you for your stay personaly.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

i stayed two nights in september, 2012 in a king room with couch, two chairs, mini fridge and tv. it was very quiet, everything worked well and it was clean. the beed was comfortable, the bath sparkling and the shower water hot. there was plenty of parking and although I did not use the pool, it appeared well maintained and the water was clear. the staff was accommodating and friendly. i will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was a last minute, leave for vacation one day early without reservations kinda stay. The desk clerk was very friendly and the price wasn't bad compared to so many others in the area. The room was again not too bad for a last minute option, however did have a "different" smell to it but did appear to be he cleanest the staff could make it with what they were working with.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When we arrived, I was worried based of the outward appearance of the hotel! We stayed two nights at this hotel.....(two nights because you were not able to cancel without being charged.)..it is an older hotel that has had updates....I was very concerned re bed bugs, etc, but checked the beds carefully. I did not find any problems...we had our own pillows, etc/blankets were old and stained.....I used lysol all over the room and for the most part the room was basically clean....except around the top of the tub in the shower...needs a very good cleaning!...We were on the first floor and heard minimal noise during our stay.The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired.....The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful...the location is in the center of town and convenient to everything...grocery stores, shopping...not far from riverfront....riverfront has some nice restaurants and a few nice shops. ?would I stay again, probably not...just because I like a more upscale hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
hotelman_53, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will be passed on to our staff. We will certainly check out the heat situation. Hopefully you can come back and check out our Air Conditioning while enjoying a trip to the beach or shopping this summer. Would make a nice getaway.Thanks again for your stay and your comments.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

BED BUGS..enough said..they did not offer a refund upon check-in, as motel was less than satisfactory. However after inspecting the room, it was okay until I lifted the sheets up. Trust me, it leaves you feeling uneasy about other places, but unless you plan to sleep in your car, you might want to research better places.

Room Tip: Check your beds, you might see bed bugs. Google how to inspect a bed if you are unsure!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We visited this motel last month and were surprisingly pleased. The room was clean with nice comfortable beds. The staff was very accommodating. The pool was spotless and not overly chlorinated like many motel pools. The continental breakfast was very limited but they probably want you to use their restaurant. If you are looking for spacious rooms, this would probably not be to your liking but for the basic night's lodging, this fits the bill. I would definitely stay there again as the price is very reasonable

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

For example - worst motel breakfast ever. (Can you say cheap?) No cereal, no muffins, no milk, no bananas - only unwrapped bagels, stale cream cheese packets, unwrapped mini cinnamon rolls, warm orange juice (no ice), and anemic oranges and apples. I asked about cereal, so did the guy who walked in right after me - get a clue management! (Two identical inquiries a row means something.)

Also, the exterior stairway outside my room was quite dirty - another easy fix. You got a hose - might as well use it.

The bed was not comfortable, either. I have not seen a more economical mattress choice by management in any lodging establishment (except for a hostel I stayed in in Budapest, Hungary once).

What really amazes me is how bad the other properties in Conway must be, based on the fact that this is rated 2nd of 9 lodging choices in that community.

You might ask why I stayed at this motel? Everything else in the Myrtle Beach area that would have been a better choice for under $200 per night was already booked, at least this was only $80 per...

Finally, why did I give this a 2 rating rather than a 1? One reason only - the night clerk is as good as I have ever encountered in a hotel or motel. This guy - I think his name is Mark - should be at the Marriott or at Anderson Ocean Club down the road in Myrtle. Thank you, guy, for being a beacon of redemption in the middle of an otherwise quite bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Sleep Inn & Suites
#90 of 207 in Myrtle Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Broadway Area
11 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Myrtle Beach, SC

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!