“Bed Bugs”

Days Inn Conway-Myrtle Beach
Days Inn Conway-Myrtle Beach
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Bed bugs were reported at this property in room 103 on 12/31/08.
I personally have not stayed here nor would i, since bedbugs were discovered. There is a website called bedbug registry you can go to that tells you where bed bugs have been reported.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank pilotswifecincinnati
DIConway, General Manager at Days Inn Conway-Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

It is most unfortunate that this guest had a bad experience at our property. We apologize for any inconvenience that the guest may have incurred. Once made aware of the problem at hand we put the room in an off rental state and contacted a professional pest elimination service. The problem no longer exists, but its memory remains a constant reminder as to just how easily this pest can be spread. Now , and in the future, we will be more diligent than ever to stop this pest before it has a chance to invade our property again.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

This place was awful from before we even got there. We had called ahead to ask ahead and were rudely answered and hung up on. When we saw our room we almost left. It was dirty with stains in the sink and tub, a hole in the bedspread, and the back of the TV remote missing with battery acid leaking out. The sink didn't drain and stunk. We put food from our cooler into the fridge/freezer for the night and had to throw it all away in the morning because it didn't work. The microwave was dirty. The windows and door had no insulation so it sounded like we were sleeping in the middle of a busy street. We were going to just order a pizza and stay in that night, but we decided the room was so gross we wouldn't want to eat in it. The breakfast was stale. We stayed there because it only cost $76 when every other hotel in the city cost over $100. Next time, we will definitely pay the extra money to stay somewhere better. A horrible experience altogether.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashleigh125
Reviewed September 10, 2008

We got the AARP rate, but this hotel is just over-priced for what they offer. The location was convenient, the rooms were okay, the breakfast was very meager. Though the staff was very friendly and nice and they had wi-fi in the rooms, we felt the price was too high for the experience.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I do quite a bit of traveling and stay mostly at Marriott and Hilton properties. While this hotel is not to those standards, it was still a decent nights stay. It is older but didn't feel unclean like others have suggested. Also, the front desk staff were very courteous. I'm not sure what others found so bad about it. I'd recommend it for a nights stay on your way to Myrtle.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 6, 2008

The rates for the hotel were reasonable because I made reservations months in advance for my June stay. I was permitted to check-in early and found the rooms comfortable. The office staff was polite with the exception of one person on the night shift who seemed to be a bit uneducated. Still, she was polite and provided the service that was required. Some advice-take your own iron. For some reason you have to check the iron out and take it back each time you need it. The hotel is small and appears to be well kept. Some more advice-make your reservations starting on a week day to get the best rate. You can't expect a condo on the beach experience at the Days Inn. The hotel was close to restaurants and stores. It is also 30 minutes from the beach when the traffic is not congested. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MDWorldTraveler
Reviewed July 18, 2007

The hotel needs to be upgraded. The shower didn't appear clean because there was a bar of soap left up on the ledge and someones hair inside the tub. There was a hairdryer in the room but was broken and even if it was, none of the outlets worked at the vanity (sink area). Thankfully I brought my own hairdryer but I had to stand infront of the TV area to use it . Room 315

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2007

I am not for sure if it was my smile or complexion that caused the attendant to speak to me so rudely at check in. I'm not for sure if the rust and mold in the restroom was part of the overall embiance of the hotel. I'm not for sure if I needed to pay $10 in order to borrow a $7 iron. I'm not for sure that ironing boards are intended to grow so rusty that opening them sounds like a gun fight. I'm not for sure that I should hear the conversation from next door.(Nor the children running up and down the stairs) I'm not for sure that the cheap price is worth the inconvenience. However, there is one thing that I am sure of; I will not return to this hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple