“My stay at DoubleTree Hilton in Columbia, SC”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Asheville, United States
“My stay at DoubleTree Hilton in Columbia, SC”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I travel quite a bit on the weekends and will usually look to Hilton for a place to stay. This particular stay was at the DoubleTree Hilton in Columbia, SC. The room was freezing cold when I got in. It took it awhile to warm up. As I was dressing for the event that I was leaving for I dropped my lent brush on the floor and it picked up a glob of hair. Disgusting! I left the room and returned later that night. I told the night auditor about my findings and she reduced my room rate and gave me the late check out that I'd ask for. I got back to the room to take a shower and noticed the wall paper peeling under the right side of the toilet. I got in the shower only to find a used wash cloth from the previous guest hanging on the shower rod. Disgusting! I was night pleased with the cleanliness of my room and was quite disappointed in DoubleTree. I don't ask for a lot, but I do like having a clean room. When I checked out, I told that front desk agent of my findings but she didn't seem to really care. She gave me the two cookies that I asked for and I left. I will stay at DoubleTree Hotels but not this particular one, nor will I recommend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Rockell S,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not a comfortable one. I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as we ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests. Your comments will also help to ensure that our future guests do not experience the same discomforts. I will be following up with our team to ensure that these issues are corrected. We value your business and hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chester, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We celebrated our 31st and this year our 32nd Anniversary at Double Tree this year. This year we brought along 2 of our precious furry family members. They along with us was treated like royalty by all the staff. Everyone made our furrbabies feel so welcome. Everything was like home and very comfortable. Love all you guys.. Will see you next year for our 33rd Anniversary. I had even booked the wrong week end and you were full, but made a gracious room for us. Thank you so very much, Billy & Sherry Hill

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Sherry H,
On behalf of the staff and management team, I wanted to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your anniversary. Thank you for taking the time to let the future travelers know that our staff is there for them when needed. I am pleased that your furry family members enjoyed their stay also. We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next anniversary and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.
Columbia, SC, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The service was outstanding! The reason I selected the Doubletree was 1) Hilton point program 2) proximity to vendor 3) free hotel shuttle 4) free internet and 5) past experience with Hilton hotels. When I walked up to the desk, the guest services representative was warm, caring and attentive.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Karen H,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree Columbia. I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let us know.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Doubletree at Columbia is an excellent option for people visiting the city. It is next to 2 interstate highways (I-20 and I-26), it is very clean and the service is excellent. It is very quiet, the outdoor pool is nice and the exercise room is pretty decent. The food is not bad, at decent prices.

Dear Pablo D,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Macon
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The only thing that I regret is my one night stay!!! I could have relaxed in the beds all day!! The atmosphere was wonder and the staff was friendly, also very helpful. This is the first time that I have stayed at a Double tree hotel and will not be my last. I carry a list of hotels that I like to stay when I am traveling.. and Doubletree is on my list. There is nothing like a wonderful bed!! This was the best!! I highly recommend to all!! !

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Brown_Sugar901,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
charlotte
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Patrick, Assistant Front Office Manager, is the personification of hospitality. He is genuinely courteous and professional- a true pleasure! Patrick represents the hotel and Hilton brand exceptionally well!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Stacy S,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about Patrick. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Rick Dorman-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia Sincerely,
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Excellent staff, excellent beds. Very clean throughout. I stayed at this hotel due to it being the host hotel for a conference. I've stayed in many 4/5 star hotels in larger cities that were not as comfortable as this one.

Dear Bruce B,