“Awesome Stay”

Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, United States
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had a wonderful stay here. The service was great. I had to switch rooms because of a mishap and Dewayne made sure it wasn't a problem to fix it. Dewayne was a delight to work with. He didn't stop until I said I was comfortable with my room. All the front desk workers were good. The internet needs a little work but other than that, it was great. The fitness room is a good place to get your work out on. I rate this 5 stars. I will be back soon as I get more leave days to relax.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Meghan N,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
hopkins, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The cleanliness of the hotel was great the staff were amazing but the price of the room did not meet my expectation. Really expected more bang for my buck. My room did not have a fridge or microwave, who pays over a hundred bucks & not have those two simple things. Sleep Inn has that in every room for less than seventy five dollars.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Robert W,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Columbia, and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! I greatly appreciate you recognizing the friendly staff and clean rooms. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
BUFFALO
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The DoubleTree Hotel in Columbia, South Carolina was great! Excellent location and nicely appointed furnishings. I would highly recommend this hotel to any couple or family traveling south to Florida. This was our second time staying at this hotel and we will definitely do it again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Donna T,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree Columbia. I am so glad you found your second visit as enjoyable as your previous stay. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Greenville, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Although you could tell that it was an older hotel due to the fact that it only had 5 floors. Nothing else in the entire hotel would give you the impression that this was an older hotel. From the lobby to the elevator to the halls to our guest room itself everything was clean. You could not only see the cleanliness in the guest room you could even smell it and that is very rare in hotels nowadays. Very pleased by our stay at the DoubleTree in Columbia.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Steven W,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.
New Bern, NC
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel was excellent with a good location. The restaurant was also very good as was the bartender. My only complaint is neither of the nightstand lights was working. Front desk staff was friendly and responsive. Room was very clean and the bed was great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Tromba1,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree by Hilton Columbia. Feedback from our guests is an invaluable tool in our mission to be the first choice of world travelers. Your input and the time taken to tell us of your experience are most appreciated and really helpful for our hotel. I have shared your comments with our team. It will certainly help us improve for you and future guests.

Woodstock, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel comes no way near Double Tree standards. You would be better off saving the money and staying at a lesser hotel. The Breakfast at the hotel was below average. The hotel is close to the expressway for easy access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Tom S,
Thank you for your review. We always look for feedback from our guests to let us know what they enjoy and what we can improve upon at our hotel. In order to better serve you and future guests, we would like the opportunity to gather more details about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

total excellence, i was so please with the total stay from the time i pulled onto the parking lot until my stay at Doubletree ended. Everything was so pleasant. My sister-in-law and i felt so special, everyone treated each guess as if they knew you. Everyone had a exceptional plesant attitude. This is my second stay a double tree by hilton, both stays were exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank 306beverlym
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,