Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
BestWestern.com
$125
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdouble treehonors loungewarm cookiesdiamond membervery nice hotelbusiness tripstaff was very friendlyroom was clean and comfortableenjoyed my stayone night staynice staysouth carolinaparking lotconferencebushinterstatedowntown
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The only reasons for the lower ratings are the simple fact that the location is not as accommodating as other 4 & 5 star hotels. Local surrounding area and walking distances offer no atmosphere other than crime and loitering. Example of differences: Marriott on Hampton St. has similar to same pricing in their accommodations as well as they too are a 4 & 5 star chain. Crime is extremely limited, however everything you would enjoy doing is within walking distances, i.e. multiple upscale restaurants, live bands, local bars and clubs, site seeing, etc. The Doubletree in Columbia SC creates a warm atmosphere and surroundings within its property boundaries, however less than 500 feet from the hotel are prostitutes and crack-heads, homeless and loiters constantly asking for money, when they could go get a job. The hotel bar is usually filled with business men with a slim few women, in most cases reminds you of a middle aged gay bar for out of Towner’s.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Michael F ,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Columbia, and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your comments, as we use all guest feedback to continuously improve moving forward. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Steve Graves-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel was nice but the rooms were not what I thought they would be. I was under the impression that there were microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. I was disappointed about that. The unit in the room did not have any knobs for to turn the unit off.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree by Hilton Columbia. Feedback from our guests is an invaluable tool in our mission to be the first choice of world travelers. Your input and the time taken to tell us of your experience are most appreciated and really helpful for our hotel. We've shared your comments with our team. It will certainly help us improve for you and future guests.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I reserved my room via Expedia. I later added an additional night. I attempted to use the fitness center and my room key didn't function. No worries, I went to the front desk where I gave my key over to let them examine it. At this point I became a criminal. I was told my reservation was only for one night and that checkout was 11 am. I explain the room change with Expedia and state I have a printout in my room showing payment in full, in advance. I was told that I would have to contact Expedia to clarify the matter. The entire time they have my key. I'm in gym clothes, no wallet, no phone, no car keys and they are demanding I contact Expedia. I request my room key so I can get this done. I am ignored for a few minutes while the desk personnel work on the computer. I ask if they can't contact Expedia as everything I have is in my room. I am told no they cannot assist me and I must do it myself. I point out that I will need my key then do I can do this. The staff agrees. I am then ignored for a minute and a half to two minutes while they continue to work on the computer. At this point I'm done. I state "Maybe I wasn't clear but I need my room key to accomplish this task." The staff hands me my key and I walk off. If this was the entire tale I would have been irritated but let it ride. I go to my room. The key DOES NOT WORK. I return to the front desk and ask for the gentleman who was assisting me. His name was Nicholas [--]. I asked Mr. [--] was there a reason why he gave me a key that didn't work. Mr. [--] replied "I was working on it when you asked for your key back". I clarified that he intentionally gave me a key that he knew would not work and then had me walk to my room in the next building over. He stated "It's your attitude". Mr. Nicholas [--] refuses to assist me with a call to clarify my room reservation with Expedia. Mr. [--] sees I am in gym clothes and carrying an energy drink. I've made Mr. [--] aware that I cannot make any phone calls as my cell phone, my ID, my car keys and my reservation printout are all in my room and he ignores me for minutes on end and then he complains about my attitude. Yes, he even refused to look at the reservation printout and attempt to help me. Yet Mr. Nicholas [--] complains about my attitude. At this point I demonstrated what "attitude" looks like.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Akil F
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Akil F,
Thank you for your feedback. We're terribly sorry to hear about the poor service experience you encountered. In order to better assist you and appropriately address the situation, we would like the opportunity to follow up. If you have a moment, please contact us so we may look into this further.
Steve Graves-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm very tight with the Holiday Inn Priority club points system....nothing against Double Tree but this is an older hotel that has been through several hands of ownership. It looks nice in the lobby but the building is getting tired.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Adam H,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree by Hilton Columbia. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Will not return to this hotel. Guests are treated differently when you check in. Staff did not call me back twice about the *only* washer/dryer in the hotel. You would figure with a hotel that size, they would more than one machine (staff also did not know there was only one). This is my 2d and last time I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear James S,
I'm so sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you had. Our number one priority is guests' comfort and safety. If you have a moment, we would like to follow up. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.