“Great place to stay!!”

Ranked #25 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Raleigh, NC
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree Hotel in Columbia, SC, this past weekend. This is a great place to stay! The staff is very friendly, professional, helpful, and courteous. They're always smiling. The rooms are exceptionally clean, updated, and and spacious. The beds are sooooooo comfortable! I told my husband that we need a bed like Doubletree's in our house! If you're looking for a good hotel in Columbia, look no further.....this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The double queen rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for recently staying at the DoubleTree, Columbia . We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our very comfortable beds. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Atlanta
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Bigger and fancier than I expected, with nice grounds, good parking, pet friendly, and a very serviceable restaurant and bar. Great room service for a low price. Too bad they wouldn't honor our request for a quite room since we had a dog, and they put us directly next to the door and elevator, and our dog barked constantly (had to have bothered the other guests.)

Room Tip: Ask for, or demand, a quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JLCAtlanta
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you for recently staying at the Doubletree by Hilton, Columbia, SC. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff made your stay a pleasant one. We try to accommodate our guest requests as best as we can, unfortunately in this case we were unable to. We look forward to seeing you again!
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 1, 2011

They were very attentive and most willing to help and answer questions. The facilities were largely good, though a little dated. HVAC in the room was loud when it kicked on.

Breakfast was provided, which might explain a higher-than-normal group rate, but I wouldn't call it stellar. The wait staff was excellent, however.

It was clear to me that the hotel staff was determined to be helpful, attentive, and willing to get things right. As this particular hotel was recently acquired, parts of it (fitness room, for example) might be in the process of being upgraded - but this is a guess.

Speaking of the fitness room, it is large and comfortable and little-used. The equipment, especially the elliptical machines, are older and worn and should be replaced with premium equipment. I saw people using the pool, but I did not. It looked clean and well-kept, though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Columbia, SC. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!
Lansing, MI
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here for one night on business. The hotel is older, but it was clean. The internet worked well. Our group had dinner in the hotel restaurant, and it was good but very slow - our party all got meals at different times- the first of us were done eating by the time the last of us got meals. But... free dessert for our inconvenience. Lobby was nice and people checking me in were nice and fast. Breakfast was free becuase I'm a hilton rewards guest. The breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay. We are glad that we were able to make it up to you by offering free dessert , we are also happy that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed here for a night while visiting USC for parents weekend. The hotel staff was helpful and speedy when called upon to fix a broken toilet in our room. They collaborated to find a place where I could go for a run, but it seemed as though I was the first guest to make such a request. That can't be so unusual and I found it off-putting that they weren't better prepared with maps etc.

The coffee in particular and beakfast room service more generally is terrible here. Don't bother. We paid over $20 for a cold English muffin served with no jam (cream cheese, really?), mostly Mellon in place of the berries we ordered, and an undrinkable weak and taste-free pot of coffee. We should have known better because the hotel doesn't have an espresso machine and the coffee served at the bar was the same swill. Starbucks is a 10 minute drive up I-26, thank goodness.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Brian D
Thank you for your review; we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. We do our best to handle all guest requests and we are glad we were able to help you find a place to go jogging. We have passed along your breakfast/restaurant feedback to your Food and Beverage team. We hope you visit us again!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2011

While the front desk staff were friendly and personable, they could not find my reservation. Then I was given a room fronting the interstate. The noise was so loud in my room it made sleep impossible. If you stay here, make it clear that you want a room far away from the interstate side. The hotel proclaims it's been renovated but my room did not reflect this in the least. The lobby looks great but that's as far as it goes apparently--at least in the room I was given. The carpet was very worn and threadbare in my room. The bed linens were nice and were clean so far as I could tell, but I could not seem to adjust the "Sleep Number" bed to a comfortable position no matter what I tried. Also, the bathroom did not seem to have been cleaned (the toilet was not flushed). Also, the number of towels was inadequate. The bathroom in the photo at tripadvisor sure doesn't look like what was in my room that's for sure. Also, the surrounding neighborhood seems pretty sketchy to me.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side of the hotel that fronts the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AC B
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Long trip, official business. I get a room late and want to eat and sleep. Kids and teenagers were running rampant around the hotel. No adults in sight. My room backed to the pool, big mistake. But, I sucked it up and figured since it was only one night, I could endure. I go order food from the lobby restaurant, get to my room, sit down to eat....fire alarm goes off. I knew it was a damned teenager.....sure enough, it was! So no dinner for me and now I have to run out in the dark and wait 30 mins for the "all clear.". Ugh. I was livid. A staff member told me it was one of the undisciplined kids. Got back to my room, start eating again.....alarm blares again but then immediately goes off.

That wasn't enough. Then I get to hear the Jerry Springer show across from me all night. Fighting, cursing, slamming doors, yelling at least 4-5 times until 3am. Awesome.

I complain in the morning, get nothing comped and was told a manager would all me. I checked out and got a call a few hrs later. It was a manager from corporate who was apologetic, but that's about it. Will never stay again.

Too bad since the hotel androoms were nice.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank yannazmom
MFCP, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. When groups with children or sports teams are in house we do our best to place individual travelers in guest rooms distanced from the group. Unfortunately, for this time period we were not able to move your room to another area of the hotel. We have a Night Manager that continually walks through the entire hotel and takes immediate action for specific situations when notified. In instances where our fire alarm goes off, we are required to always evacuated our guests and inspect the hotel. Our primary goal is ensure the safety and wellbeing of all of our guests. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, please contact our Front Office Manager Ms. Daniela Sirec at 803-731-0300.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#17 of 94 in Columbia
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Sleep Inn at Bush River Road
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!