See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2019

This is indeed an odd little property, seems like it was once an apartment community that got turned into a hotel? We were travelling to visit the zoo and see a concert in the evening and chose this property as it was affordable and only five miles from the entertainment district. We were really surprised when we entered the hotel address into our navigation app after or zoo visit and discovered it was .02 miles away. At check in the desk lady took a long time explaining their "No Party" policy, their no smoking policy, and how if we saw anyone on the property who didn't belong we could just call the front desk. This kinda sent up a red flag as she spent way more time on this than most hotel clerks do at other properties, leaving us to assume this must have been an issue in the past After check in we went off to check out our One Room Studio Suite, we were first impressed with it's roominess and the full kitchen with a stove and oven, full size fridge/freezer and dishwasher. The seating area even had a fireplace (bolted closed), furthering our suspicions this property was originally meant for residents rather than guests. It was after that that some of the negatives of the room became apparent. Despite a call to the front desk, we could never get the wifi to work, so if you were a business traveler that would be a big negative. The wood furniture is dated, some of the lights were unplugged for some reason, and the bathroom sink had no hot water and the cold water shot from the faucet with a sideways jet. The HVAC intake grid in the bathroom was rusted and stained. We returned to our room at 11 p.m. and the property seemed quiet and we had a peaceful night undisturbed. It was great to cook our own breakfast in room before we returned home. For less than a hundred bucks a night for a spacious room this wasn't a bad choice if we had been in a room that was working 100 percent.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
LaceyR104, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate you bringing the issues you had to our attention. I did want to take this chance to let you know that we are working to update and renovate our property, including every room and the internet service. I hope that you will consider stopping by the next time you visit Columbia to tour our newly renovated rooms, and allow us the opportunity to show you the kind of stay we want all our guests to have.

Reviewed January 30, 2019

The staff was very nice and apologetic...however, the room was terrible, disgusting, moldy, no hot water, mold on the air vents, mold on the bed, no door lock. I looked at the room and got ill. Checked out before I even unpacked. Take a look at the photos the hotel shows on line, and the reality of the place could not be further from the truth. I am going to contact the state/county health department, and also complain about the false advertising. Look at the reviews , I didn't to my peril.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

My little family of four - spouse, myself and two children under 5 - went to Riverbanks zoo to see the Christmas lights. We booked a two room suite at Cloverleaf. The first room we were given keys to, the lock would not work. The groundskeeper came and his manual key couldn't even get the door open. The next room we were given is what I've provided pictures of. The room looked like a party had taken place in there - scraped up walls, holes in the door, the floor was sticky and stained terribly, the furniture was damaged, lamp shade falling apart, bugs in the light fixtures, dirty, sticky countertops, soft spots in the floor where the subflooring was rotted out, air vent coated in dust. To top it all, the pull out sofa had food stuffed down in it. Management apologized and refunded my money entirely and provided another room. The third room was no better. There were still holes in the wall, the floor was still stained and sticky and after being in that room for less than an hour we saw 4 roaches scurrying from the light when we turned on the light to the bathroom upstairs. It was disastrous. Im having to pretty much fumigate our luggage before I bring it back in my house for fear of bugs hitching a ride back.

Seriously not worth the money.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

I booked this property last minute. Frankly, I was a little worried due to the negative reviews. After staying here, I have no earthly idea why anyone would give this property a bad review. Our stay was exceptional. The staff are friendly, efficient, and professional. Our suite was not only clean, but SPOTLESS. I've read that, until recently, this location was owned by another brand. I think they're in the process of renovating. Nevertheless, our accommodations were superb. The lobby area is warm and welcoming. Our only issue was the TV. I wasn't working but the front desk sent maintenance to fix it immediately. Thanks for an awesome stay! We'll be back.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel definitely has the potential to be something great! I walked in just to look around and inquire about prices because I’ve heard so many good things about it. The lobby smelled SOOO good and the front desk receptionist was so enthusiastic and helpful! The decor was beautiful and you can tell it’s going to look awesome once renovations are done in the spring! I can’t wait to stay here !

Date of stay: October 2018