“Outstanding Customer Service”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #56 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“Outstanding Customer Service”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Recently stayed for my daughters graduation at USC and had a pleasant experience. I was a little concerned after reading some of the older reviews. However, my concern was unnecessary. The room was clean, the breakfast was sufficient. The staff (Krystal and Ashley) was excellent and seemed to enjoy their job!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Jack C.

Thank you so much for your recent stay, and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. As the new General Manager, I appreciate hearing feedback regarding our hotel, and I am glad that Krystal and Ashley took care of you.

Thank you again for staying with us, and congratulations on your daughters graduation from USC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

The experience coming to columbia for the first time was amazing. Where im from ppl are so pushy but the experience here shown from the guest service rep (BILLY) made our first visit to Columbia SC unforgettable. The room's was fresh and clean the breakfast attendee was awesome. Thanks for the experience we will be back when we're in the south carolina area

1 Thank ladiesofmiami
Dear ladiesofmiami -

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We greatly appreciate the fact you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to Columbia.

We really hope to see you on your next trip to Columbia. And if you did not have the chance to do so on your last trip, we hope that you have the opportunity to visit Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens, which is just across the street. It's a great way to spend a day in Columbia.

Again, thank you and take care.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed the weekend of May 2 for my sister's graduation from Virginia College, and we had a blast. My two boys and I were IN LOVE with our King suite! The room was extra clean, spacious, and welcoming. We loved the whole family feel of the property as well as the beautiful landscape. Breakfast was delicious and everyone from the breakfast attendant to the front desk receptionists were all so friendly. I have found my new vacation spot when I visit Columbia, SC again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ariel G.

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We really appreciate you chose to stay with us, and we are thankful that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.com.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbia.

Take care.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I recently stayed in the hotel for attending my sons graduation from BCT at Fort Jackson. The staff was so nice to every question I had. Any problem that I had Billy made sure he took care of it. Thank you guys for making my stay even more special.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Calathia
Dear Calathia -

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel, and congratulations on your son's graduation from Fort Jackson. We appreciate your stay, and are thankful that you took the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to Columbia.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was very unsatisfied with this hotel and the room. I went to the front desk with intentions of checking out early. Upon explaining the situation the front desk clerk (Billy) really showed concern to my issue made sure to accommodate me and my husband to another room on a bttm floor where it was more convenient for both him and I. Long story short (billy) changed my mind about this hotel and the accommodation to the other rm was so much better. Thank you affordable suite for turning my negative into a positive. Great job again to Billy for the exceptional customer service. Definitely
Will be returning.

• Stayed April 2014
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear fjefferson82 -

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I apologize for any issues you had during your stay, but I am pleased that Billy was able to take care of you.

Again, thank you for your stay, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Columbia.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had some difficulty getting a reservation for the weekend of our visit to Columbia and ended up at The Affordable Suites. I read previous reviews and was not anticipating a five star experience. The hotel is apparently designed for extended stays and perhaps works well for that purpose. However, even though it was not very expensive I did not think it a very good value. We rented a two bedroom two bath unit and I was surprised to find we had to walk a good distance and up a flight of steps to get to it. There is no elevator and this can be a real problem for a person with mobility issues. We had not thought to ask but certainly had no indication of this. The room was very dated with terrible dark carpeting and unattractive furniture. It was very dark. Towels and soaps were skimpy and thin. It was relatively clean but they do not offer cleaning or make beds on a daily basis. I called about having the sheets changed and the maid came and dropped off a large bag of sheets which were left in the living area the remaining two days of our stay. I had specifically asked if the unit was two bedrooms and was not told the second bedroom was actually an open loft. Certainly not private or separated by a door. Additionally, I was irritated by the charge being applied immediately upon check in instead of when we checked out. Then when I asked to have it credited so that we could split the cost with another person the desk clerk didn't know how to do that. Also, I did not go to breakfast but my husband indicated it was basically cereal, oatmeal and grits. Overall, I would definitely not choose to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon M
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Sharon M. -

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am disappointed that your stay was not up to expectations.

We are in the final stages of completing an upgrade, and it is very possible your room was not one of the newly updated ones.

While it is true that we do not service rooms every day, I am very discouraged about the sheet issued you described. That is not how we handle requests, and I am disappointed that this happened.

I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you, as I would like to investigate the issues you discussed, along with see if I can do anything else for you. Please reach out to me at adam@affordablesuites.com at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Reviewed April 13, 2014

One of the best places we have stayed! Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms. Quiet and clean premises.Free breakfast was great.Rooms are like apartments. We felt at home. Family friendly.Will come back!!

1 Thank ttjcr
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
TTJCR -

Thank you for your recent stay. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us.

We greatly appreciate the kind words about our property. As the new General Manager, I take pride in taking care of our guests, and I am pleased that you were satisfied with your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbia.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbia
#21 of 94 in Columbia
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
#7 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!