“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Rome, Georgia
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for a 9 day business trip. I found this place online and decided to book a room based on others reviews. When I arrived I ask to see a room and after I checked I decided to stay. I really enjoyed having the space in the living room area to relax and the kitchen to prepare my meals in. I never heard a sound at night and the bed was comfortable. The room was clean and I really do not have any complaints. The staff was nice and friendly and the breakfast was good. The next time I come back to Columbia I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Curtice, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I know this is a previous brand, so was hesitant because I am sure it is older. Was this place a pleasant surprise. Clean and well cared for!. We were traveling with an elderly lady and the downstairs room with a queen bed and private bathroom was the perfect thing. Price was perfect also. The bed was wonderful, including the pillows...a multitude of pillows. I noticed they are painting outside, almost finished. But the grounds were immaculate and well cared for fauna. the pool was tiny but tucked in an appropriate area. Breakfast was good, lots of choices! We were in from the highway a good bit, but this put it in a very quiet setting. Staff was helpful and kind. I have no complaints. Our traveler was over whelmed with her part of the room as she lives simply and this room was as big as her previous home. :) I am glad she also was satisfied with our choice. Keep up the good work. 1 flat screen and a couple of fat older TVs for each bedroom, no problem they work just like a flat screen. Besides I wasn't there to watch TV. I wish I would have had more time. Could have easily stayed longer.

Room Tip: great breakfast provided free
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mililani, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The whole reason I got this room was because there was a fireplace advertised. Well there is one, but it's only for decoration and doesn't actually work. I called the front desk and they said they're sealed off. Great. Everything else is pretty clean and ok, but false advertising was a big negative for me.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ASDColumbia, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to offer feedback. Your comments are very important to us. I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of information provided on our website. I hope that if you visit the Columbia area again that you would give our hotel another chance to provide you with a memorable experience.

Respectfully Submitted,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very pleasant staff, great customer service, and very accomodating to what we needed in our stay. Beds were extremely comfortable and the suites had plenty of room for two adults and two children. The full kitchen made it easy on our budget as well as the full hot breakfast served every morning. The rooms were clean. No mildew smell... however there was a smoke smell almost constant in our room. When I said something near check out they offered an ozone air cleaner, so I only wished I had said something sooner. I will look for this same company in future travels.

• Stayed August 2013
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked this room on Hotwire. I read other reviews and almost did not want to stay. Since we were going to the zoo it was the perfect location. I went to check in and Krystal checked me in and she was very nice. I got to the room and didn't like the location and went back to the desk and Krystal changed it. The room was nice and clean but can use some major updating. The furniture is worn with markings, curtains have stains, the carpet could use a deep shampoo because just walking in my socks the bottoms were black. There was a huge black stain in the tub. The kitchen needs to have an inventory done. One wine glass and one regular glass. The cookware on the stove looked like it was not cleaned it was all greasy looking. I work at a four diamond property and know that things happen and things get overlooked. I feel that this hotel has potential but a lot of tlc is needed. At check out Stacie was very nice as well. When in the area I wouldn't mind staying again because it is a great location. The breakfast was nice as well.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ASDColumbia, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
First I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am excited to mention that our hotel is in the process of going through major renovations. We are painting the exterior and interior, replacing carpet, adding flat screen televisions and replacing furniture. I hope that when you are in the Columbia area again that you will give our hotel another chance serve you and your family.

We appreciate your business!
Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Getting checked in was not the easiest. The girl at the counter was distracted and had to make several calls to try to find two rooms that were close together. Check in was 3:00 and we got there at 3:20 so we were not early. After about 20 minutes my husband came in looking for me, he thought something was wrong but it wasn't it was just a long check in process. That was the only negative. I would stay there again. My litte girl loved the pool! The two rooms ended up being a long way apart but that wasn't a huge deal ! The breakfast wasn't that good but being the cheapo that I am we ate there anyway. lol

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com