“Great Room”

Ranked #52 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Naples, Florida
“Great Room”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We travel back and forth from Florida to Pennsylvania several times a year and are always looking for a good hotel for our one night stay. This trip we left a little later than usual so did not make it to one of our regular hotels. We found this Red Roof and decided to give it a try. We were so pleased we did. We were given a wonderfully large room with a very large and comfortable bed. We got there a few hours before going to bed and so were able to use the very efficiently set up computer desk. The lighting was great over the bed and each side of the bed had a small table to set our glasses before retiring. There was a refrigerator, safe and mircowave in the room. We were amazed that all three were available for such a reasonably priced room. I was able to log into the free internet service with no hassle and no password and it stayed connected for our whole stay. Shaneka was helpful and pleasant when we checked in and out. There was no breakfast in the morning which might be important to some folks but it isn't to us so that wasn't even a negative. We were a little concerned in the beginning because the front door was locked and had a police woman on guard. We had to go in a side door and was not allowed in the lobby. No sure what this was about but the whole stay was safe, secure, comfortable and pleasant. We will definitely stay there again..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Marlene W,

Thank you very much for the great review from your most recent visit. We always enjoy hearing from our satisfied guests. I will make sure the staff is made aware of your great comments. I do want you to know that the entire team works extremely hard each day to make our customers feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted.

We certainly hope to see you the next time you are in the Columbia, SC area. I can assure you we will be try to make your stay as successful, if not more, than your most recent visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Little River, South Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife had to report for jury duty in Columbia. We booked online about a month in advance. When we arrived, the lady welcomed us as if we had just called and talked with her. The paperwork was ready and laying next to the printer. Check-in was complete in about one minute. We asked for a accessible room and found our room to be a "True" accessible room. Large room, good amenities and nice bed. We were only about eight miles from the courthouse, which made it nice in the morning rush hour traffic. When we checked out, it was complete in another minute, but I chose to talk a while. Both desk attendants made us feel welcome, not like they were doing us a big favor by serving us. If need arises that I be in Columbia, again, this will be where you can find us!

Room Tip: check their web site to see all available rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review of your most recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. It is always great to hear from our satisfied guests. We work extremely hard each day to make our guests feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted.

I will make certain each team member hears the great things you have said about your previous stay. Please stay with us again when you are in the Columbia, SC area.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stopped here coming back from FL, by passing our usual stop noting how bad could it be. Well, pretty bad. Everything is new inside the small rooms. Outside is another story. Rocks where plants should be. Trash pilled against a trash can at 5:00 was still there on our departure in the morning. No smoking in the rooms had dozens of people hanging over the balconies out side smoking, those that were not grilling their dinner in the back yard. Also, this is the first roadside stop I have made in many years that did not offer some type of breakfast. There is a restaurant across the parking lot Lizard something that has surprisingly very good country cooking. As a side note, the card I used to pay for the room was somehow copied and was presented at Wallmart in SC for some purchases the next day as I was driving through NC. Red Roofs management has contacted me and they are working on this matter. My card was replaced almost immediately by my CC company. I can not recommend this property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marty M
Dear Marty M,

I want to thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. It is very disappointing to hear about how you found the condition of our inn. We work extremely hard each day to make this hotel an appealing, affordable place to stay. I have relayed your comments about the condition of the inn to the appropriate staff members for review of daily procedures. This certainly is not the expectation or the standard we strive for each day.

Please consider giving Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson another try the next time you are in our area. I am confident you will find your next experience much more satisfying and enjoyable. Thank you again, however, for your comments.

Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My Wife and I and our little Tiny Toy Poodle, Smokey, were on a trip home to Florida from NH. We selected this location having stayed there before and were pleased. This time however we had to reschedule due to a change in plans. The desk attendant, Shanrka took the call and changed the reservation without a hitch. She was also on the desk when we checked in and handled our reservation quickly and with a warm and friendly smile. At the time the bottled water had run out but she said she was waiting on a delivery. 30 minutes or so later she personally delivered the water to our room again with that warm and friendly smile. She also asked if there was anything else she could do for us. We have also been happy about the upgrading to all the Red Roof Inns and this property was no exception.
Thank you for putting forth the time and expense to make your customers happy and comfortable. We will certainly recommend this and other properties to our friends.
Tim and Pat Conroy

Room Tip: We prefer the superior King rooms on the first floor. Being 74 yrs old with medical handicaps the f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Conroy,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear you were treated so well by Shaneka upon your arrival. She has been recognized many times from our satisfied guests who greatly appreciate her high level of guest service.

I will make certain to let Shaneka know of your kind words. I also want to let you know that we are certainly looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. I am confident we will provide you with the the same level of service you have come to expect.

Sincererly,

DP
Reviewed October 6, 2013

First off, clerk refused a travel coupon that would have saved me a substantal amount. Claimed when the hotel is near capacity that they reserve the right to refuse discounts. The desk was ill prepared and were making card pouches out of business envelopes! The towels in the room were stained, frayed and has rain stucked all over them! Yuck! Also a former guest had left a number of wire hangers hung on the pictures. I don't understand how housekeeping missed this! Wifi was done all night and morning. We weren't offered any compensation for our trouble and we definitely won't be returning!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank beachchick76
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I do sincerely apologize that we were unable to honor the discount coupon you presented at check in. Due to extremely high demand that night, no discounts were offered. I certainly hope you notified the front desk immediately upon noticing the WIFI problem and the issue with the towels. We would have been more than happy to provide you with more towels and possibly moved rooms to accommodate a better WIFI signal.

We do appreciate your comments about your recent stay. I would like to invite you to stay with us the next time you are in Columbia, SC. I promise we will work extremely hard to make your next stay as pleasant for you as possible.

DP
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2013

:( No longer do we get a free USA Today. Instead you can get a free bottle of water. Oh well. Everything else about this place is excellent. The staff do a great job. Keep up the good work. While you are here eat at the Lizards Thicket and or IHOP nearby. See the Riverbanks Zoo!

Room Tip: We get handicap room on downstairs. All rooms are non smoking now. $200 if they find smoke. Great w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Albrght,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I will make certain, however, I will forward your concern about no longer receiving a free USA Today newspaper as a member of our loyalty club. It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us when you are in the Columbia area. We have many guests that really enjoy dining at the nearby Lizard's Thicket restaurant, as well.

It will be our pleasure to see you the next time you and your wife visit Columbia. We will make certain we work extremely hard (as usual) to make your stay wonderful.

Thanks for your continued patronage!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A friend told us about this R-Roof, as it was a GR8* location from our hometown driving south.
The lovely & effervescent SERENA greeted us with her pleasant smile and professional manner. Any business would be fortunate to employ such a lady. I nominate her for "RR`s employee of the week/month/year." Our room was recently completely remodeled and was A-OK. A couple "glitches" were: the new flat-screen TV had major "poor reception" issues & the Wi-Fi was "not secured" nor available, and there wasn't anyone available who could fix these matters.
We'll be back. . .

Room Tip: It is adjacent one of S.C. well-known "Lizard Thicket's - home-cookin`" restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Vincent F,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East. It is always nice to hear from our satisfied guests, especially via TripAdvisor. I do want to apologize for the lack of TV reception and internet service while you were here. Those issues have been reported to our maintenance staff for repairs.

I will make sure I tell the entire staff, including Serena, of your nice comments. Next time you are in the Columbia, SC area, please stay with us again. I can assure you the issues you encountered will be resolved, plus you can eat at the world famous Lizard's Thicket restaurant.

D Packard