“Great valentine experience”

Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Ranked #54 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I took my wife to the zoo in Columbia. Spent the night at this motel. I had called ahead and made sure that it was okay to have flowers delivered. It was. The staff was all in on the surprise and just as happy as I was to hear how my wife like the flowers delivered from ProFlowers. We tried out two of the Lizard's Thicket restaurants this time. They were both good. I think we have eaten at 3 of the 9 or so in Columbia. All food is cooked fresh at each location and yummy. Southern food. Reasonable rate.

Had an excellent time.

Room Tip: We get handicap room on ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Albright,

Thank you very much for your response, based on your most recent visit. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed not only the attractions and restaurants in the area, but the service our staff provided, as well. I can assure you that your positive comments about your stay will be relayed to the entire staff.

The entire team at the Red Roof Inn-Columbia East thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Daniel Packard, GM
Red Roof Inn-Columbia East

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson

Reviewed February 8, 2012

This hotel has been recently renovated. It is an inn so the rooms are outside; however, the heating and cooling systems are effective. The staff at this establishment are amiable people. The bed is nice and soft yet firm. The sheets are always clean and the towels are as well. The only draw back is that there are no irons in the rooms, but rooms are available with microwaves and refrigerators. The cable is great and the WiFi is accessible. I absolutely love it and stay at this hotel when on business all the time.

Room Tip: Please chose the Superior King Room. It is a great experience at an affordable price.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Bugs found all over bathroom. Told front desk person with no results, also told house keeper still no results. Stayed two days, told them both days, and then again at check-out. Other then this, this is a nice property for the price. I would stay here again, but will check out the room before signing in. Nice Staff.

Room Tip: Check out the room before hand.......
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Mr. Hubert,

Thank you very much for bringing to my attention the issues you encountered during your recent stay. I have notified our national pest control company about your experience. Also, I have spoken to the staff members about more empathetic and willing to correct problems when notified.

Please give us another opportunity to show how we really provide value to our loyal guests. We would greatly appreciate a second chance to make a very positive impression.

Daniel Packard

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and in laws were in Columbia for friends and family day as well as basic training graduation at Fort Jackson. Because we only needed a clean bed and shower for the night at a low rate, that's exactly what we got. We decided to wing it and find a hotel close to the base instead of booking online. This was our first stay at a Red Roof Inn and it will be our last. The hotel is located in the vicinity of a lot of restaurants (sit-down and fast food) and stores which was an advantage. However, the location is not the best. Anyone familiar with Columbia and Two Notch Road knows what I am talking about. It is a busy highway that has its highs (restaurants, mall, finer hotels and stores) and lows (shady characters). My husband checked us in as I sat in our vehicle but he called me in to give the clerk our travel discount card. As I entered the hotel lobby, it was average nothing special about it. The clerk was very helpful and courteous. What (rather who) caught my attention and made me feel a little uncomfortable was a guy sitting in the lobby with his dark eye shades on. If it were daytime, it wouldn't have been unusual however it was around 8/8:30 PM. I gave my husband what he needed and returned to our vehicle. While waiting I noted a woman maybe in her 20's exit her car dressed very provocative and inappropriate for the unusually cold night. We made eye contact as I watched her lower her blouse before entering the lobby. Moments later, a couple that appeared to be in their 50's entered the lobby as well. I noticed that the couple waited roughly 10 minutes and came back to their vehicle and drove away. Something didn't seem right as the clerk was still assisting my husband and wouldn't have had chance to serve the couple. My husband returned to the car and asked me if I saw the woman in the lobby and I told him yes. He said that she told him that she "would be up later to take care of you daddy." I asked him what did he say? He told me that he told her that that was alright, that his wife would take care of him. I shouldn't have been surprised as we were on Two Notch Road where anything goes. After he told me that, to me it explained why the couple abruptly left. We went to our room which was located on the second floor. First impression is that the room was kind of dated but it was clean. We had a superior king room as the regular king room was sold out. The only difference is that our room had a microwave oven and refrigerator. Please be aware that the room didn't have an iron. I hung our clothes in the shower for the steam to remove some of the wrinkles. The bathroom as Ok (size wise) but clean. The only thing that I can say for this Red Roof Inn is that it served its purpose. We needed a clean bed and shower at a low rate and that is what we received. Always remember that without research, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn many, many times. It is a basic hotel, but it's great and affordable for an overnight stay. All rooms have free wifi. The deluxe king room boasts extra room space, a microwave,mini-fridge, and free local and long distance calls. I did have a couple of issues on this visit though. There was no tv remote control in the room. A quick call to the front desk fixed this issue within 5 minutes. I noticed after lying across the bed that.......there were no pillows on my bed at all. LOL! Another call to the front desk brought the manager to my door with four brand new pillows and an apology. I was also propositioned by a prostitute staying at the hotel in the parking lot. Overall a good stay...despite these weird occurences. I have stayed here many times and would stay again...despite the strange happening during this visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am normally the kind of person that likes to stay at the upper class hotels but beings this trip was already so expensive I decided to stay at this Red Roof Inn. I had to check in a day earlier than expected, it was about midnight when I arrived at the hotel. Since I am from South Dakota the bullet proof window kinda threw me off a bit but got checked in and went to a very clean and cooled room which is just what I wanted. I woke up in the morning refreshed and ready to tackle the day… the staff was so helpful on places to shop, eat or just relax for a couple of hours. I stayed at this hotel for 3 or 4 days and not once was I treated like a guest… they treated me as a person. A big smile when I walked into the office with questions, I left some items in the room and they went and found them right away. I think this was the first time that a hotel has ever treated me as if I mattered as a person and not just a guest staying there. I will recommend this Hotel to everyone and anyone staying in Columbia, SC. Very HIGHLY recommended!!! No more top high priced hotels for me. Lesson Learned!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cher_SD
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed here one night on the road to North Carolina. We were impressed with this inn last year. I think we might have been exhausted and the room we got last year was very clean. This year we were much less impressed. The rooms are worn looking and there were some shaddy characters in the parking lot. But the room was cheap and pets are free so it's still a good deal. It's a good place to crash for the night.
We actually weren't impressed with the first room they gave us and asked to see other rooms. We took the cleanest of three we examined.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family