“Filthy- lots of other choices in the area”

Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
Ranked #51 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
New York, NY
“Filthy- lots of other choices in the area”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I thought that I would give Red Roof another opportunity to prove themselves, but this room is disgustingly run down and dirty. I travel with my dog and I hoped to have a better experience than I did at a Red Roof in VA a few months back, but this hotel was equally ad bad. From the smell to the mold to the peeling wallpaper and torn carpet, the entire experience was horrible. I needed a quick overnight stay just to sleep for a few hours before getting back on the road, but I was afraid to take a shower in the dirty bathroom. The only bright spot was the friendly receptionist, Jason. But I recommend that you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ridgeland, SC
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The room was clean and quiet. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2011

The hotel was by the interstate in the middle of Columbia. There is free coffee and a newspaper in the morning. The rooms were old-looking but were clean enough. If you face away from the interstate it is quiet enough to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Checked in and found the tv on in the room, condoms on the nightstand, ice still in the ice bucket, shower used, towels used and the room just generally dirty beyond all that. We went back to the desk and were given another room and apologies. The second room was more disgusting than the first. The lights didn't work, it was smoking (we reserved a non-smoking), chairs were old, stained and mismatched. There was a terrible dark brown large splatter stain on the wall. Don't know what it was. The room was filthy in general. We called to complain and were told it was the last room available. So we left. We were staying on a "free night certificate" from their rewards program and I did demand and receive that back. As we left, we noticed a police woman walking around and a very interesting clientel arriving.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed January 15, 2011

bad management,moldy rooms,dirty rooms, When i came to check into the hotel there was no one at the desk but then i found out that person guy that was out side smoking was the one i was standing in side waiting on.As he came in he had on bed room slippers his shirt was unbutton and you could see his chest hair which to me was very perfessional .As he started to check me in he decided to sit on a stool instead of standing up..When i finally got to my room it was condoms in the trash can and my bed looked like it was slept in,i called the front desk and the manager was as rude just as the person before.I would'nt recommend this hotel to any body not even a blind person.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ky
Reviewed July 2, 2010

most disgusting place i have EVER seen. stopped cause we just couldnt drive anymore. look for red roofs because they are pet friendly an i have 2 bichons. first room...SMELLED moldy. evidence of water damage. even the lampshade. 2nd room we tried. bed wasnt even made up. 3rd room had disgustingly stained chairs and dirty table. 4th room, we just sucked it up. need sleep. I pray we dont wind up with bedbugs. even afraid to walk on carpet in barefeet to bathroom. even washed the dogs paws with clorox wipes after we left. ABSOLUTELY GROSS

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
aowens87, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC, responded to this review, July 18, 2010
Mr. Pharr
Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that we are taking corrective measures to improve the overall condition of the hotel. At Red Roof Inn, we offer the Hassle Free Guarantee… “that if we cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, we don’t expect you to pay for that night”…which we gladly did in your case. We appreciate you bringing the issues you experienced to our attention so that we can work on them. I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Very truly yours,
Annette
Cincinnati
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Filthy, stinks, overall incredibly bad!!! Clerk was very friendly and courtious, and was not to blame

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple