“I wish I'd read these reviews first”
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #82 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Unfortunately, we were on the road and were going by the description in the discount coupon book we'd picked up at the Visitor's Welcome Center entering South Carolina. We came to this place sight unseen and were too tired after having been on the road all day not to look elsewhere. I wish we had. It's not that the room itself was all that horrible (we've stayed in worse) but the location was IMPOSSIBLE!!! My husband and I are not idiots but every single time we tried to get to this place we got turned around. The road it is on is off the on ramp to Interstate 20 - try navigating that in the dark or at rush hour. We never made it once and the GPS was of no assistance either. I wish we'd spent the extra $20 bucks and stayed somewhere that you don't have to be a local to find. The coupon book also said the place had been "recently renovated". Could have fooled me - it looked like it was on it's last legs. I don't think we'll be staying at any more Quality Inns - regardless of the price and AAA might want to re-think it's approval rating.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank FoodFighters
There are newer reviews for Regency Inn

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Recent stay was the most horrible experience of my family's life! Besides the disgusting and filthy accommodations, it was discovered that certain members of the staff were engaged in seriously repulsive activities that are now under investigation. If you care for your family's personal safety and privacy, stay away from this place!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TAN28
Reviewed August 13, 2011

well, I should start off by saying I do not have that high standards for any hotel/motel. Clean sheets and towels, bug-free, and working lights is pretty much all I really ask for. The towels and lights were fine, but I can tell this place does not take pride in its housekeeping. My brother and I came here to spend the night in the Columbia area. Room #1 had 3 spider webs in the corners (including one over my bed, which I had to get rid of), complete with living insects and spiders. The pillowcases were unclean (gray stains), the bed spreads and sidings had blood stains and other things I dont want to know about, and I highly suggest you wear flip flops in their showers. We asked for another room, which had more spiders, a cockroach in the corner, and at least 2 living bugs (bedbugs maybe?). Plus the quilt was ripped and stained, and the room was even worse so we went back to room #1 (I found bugs 2nd time). When I spoke to their manager, he said they can't issue refunds after 10 minutes, and insisted the rooms were fine and we were costing him money by switching rooms. We were too tired (late at night) to go to another hotel, so I left the lights on and slept for a few hours. If price is that big a deal, and you don't mind a few bugs, this place is OK. If you do, AVOID THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: look for one that has fewer bugs and fewer blood stains
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank samgreat89
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Room was full of ants, spoke with the owner and she told me that maybe some beer was spilled in the room. Maintenance or who ever he was offered to give me some powder to put down. Didn't know I had to do my own exterminating. Ciggarette burns on counters, microwave and bedspread. Pool was filthy and owner/manager said it was cleaned before I checked in. Wi-Fi did not work. Checked out after 4 hours with a refusal to give my money back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank twp2470
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I will say the guy at the front desk was very nice and personable. He allowed us to check in early and gave us a discount for our dog because he was so small. However, the room was not very clean and not due to housekeeping. The rooms n are old and there are cigarette burns on the tub and the towel rack was broken. The people staying at this place are not of the best character. There is a strip club next door and it appears most of the dancers rent rooms at this hotel. I did not feel comfortable staying here without my husband and I was thanking God my daughter was not with me. We needed a room in Columbia for two nights but left this room after only one to go somewhere else....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaA1970
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed at Garner Ln. QI for one night when we moved my daughter to Columbia. The beds were comfortable. It was quiet, away from I 20 traffic but close to the on ramp. Not a whole lot in the way of nice restaturants. Applebees a short distance but mostly fast foods. Harbison Blvd is only a 5 mon drive where there are lots of places to eat.
The room was large with 2 dbl. beds. Bath was a bit small but sufficiient. The pool was nice and clean, esp. in the hot Columbia weather in Sept,
The continental b-fast was pretty skimpy with lots of sugary b-fast items. Wasn;t much there at 9:15. Closes at 9:30.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank satique
Reviewed January 15, 2010

It look like recently renovated. Has a friendly staff and a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business