Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC
$152
$137
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$100
$84
$146
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$129
$97
$93
$123
$116
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

All reviewsassembly streetoutdoor parkingkoger centerparking garagelight sleepertrain whistlecourtyard by marriottuniversity of south carolinacolonial life arenafree shuttlenice hotelwithin walking distanceshuttle servicefront desk staffstate capitolfootball weekendwould stay here again
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here one night en route to Charleston. The hotel is very well appointed and the room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast service was very good. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
932ChrisJ, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

We appreciate your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us as you traveled to Charleston! I will be sure and share your feedback with the entire team and encourage them to keep up the great work!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just stayed at the Columbia Courtyard. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance very noce people extremely clean room and property. Would definetly stay here again. I would say one of the finer Courtyards. One downside Kitchen isnt open for dinner but breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you had a nice visit with us! I will be sure and share your feedback with our staff.

In regards to no afternoon/evening dining options; please come back and visit us in 2014. We are preparing for the Courtyard Bistro transformation. We will be offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Stay tuned to our website for details!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Parking at the Courtyard was convenient and free. Our reception was friendly and efficient. Our room was very large and clean. The bed was comfortable. The linens were clean. The bathroom was clean, with modern fixtures that worked well.

It was pretty nice except that we were on the street side of the hotel on the second floor. Traffic noise was very obnoxious and it continued until rather late at night.

The room was very large with the sleeping area separated from a large sitting area, which had a nice couch and desk. However, you had to walk through this area to get from the bedroom to the bath area, with some doors that partly obstructed the way.

Breakfast, which cost extra, was very good.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit with us. In the future, you can request to be on the non-street side of the hotel. It tends to be a little quieter on that side due to being farther away from the street side traffic.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is a short walk to USC. This Courtyard does not have the usual Bistro but there are plenty of places within walking distance. The staff is professional and friendly. Definitely recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
932ChrisJ, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will congratulate the team on a job well done.

In regards to the Bistro; we will be undergoing the transformation real soon. I hope that you will visit us again once it is complete!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is very close to USC and provides free parking (very tight)...this would be only reason why I would stay there again. The hotel is nice enough and clean but our room was at the very end of the hall and I swear I heard people and doors slamming all night long. The construction going on outside the hotel on the street was very loud as well. The front desk staff wasnt overly friendly but they weren't mean either. We got a good deal on the rate but would probably stay somewhere else if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hello! Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that your visit was not as good as it could have been. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the road construction that was going on during your visit. Luckily, all of the loud construction is complete and the noise is no longer an issue.
In addition, I would like to apologize for our staff providing you with, what I would call, average service. We strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience, but for some reason did not accomplish this during your visit. I assure you that this has been addressed with the team.

I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future. I assure you that your next experience will be much better.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor!