Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC
Columbia Marriott(Columbia)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsassembly streettypical courtyardoutdoor parkingkoger centerparking garagelight sleepertrain whistlecourtyard by marriottuniversity of south carolinacolonial life arenanice hotelwithin walking distancefree shuttleshuttle servicefront desk staffstate capitolfootball weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is a short walk to USC. This Courtyard does not have the usual Bistro but there are plenty of places within walking distance. The staff is professional and friendly. Definitely recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
932ChrisJ, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will congratulate the team on a job well done.

In regards to the Bistro; we will be undergoing the transformation real soon. I hope that you will visit us again once it is complete!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is very close to USC and provides free parking (very tight)...this would be only reason why I would stay there again. The hotel is nice enough and clean but our room was at the very end of the hall and I swear I heard people and doors slamming all night long. The construction going on outside the hotel on the street was very loud as well. The front desk staff wasnt overly friendly but they weren't mean either. We got a good deal on the rate but would probably stay somewhere else if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
932ChrisJ, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Hello! Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that your visit was not as good as it could have been. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the road construction that was going on during your visit. Luckily, all of the loud construction is complete and the noise is no longer an issue.
In addition, I would like to apologize for our staff providing you with, what I would call, average service. We strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience, but for some reason did not accomplish this during your visit. I assure you that this has been addressed with the team.

I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future. I assure you that your next experience will be much better.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

what a great hotel the staff was so friendly and helpful any request you had was taken care of immediately parking was a little tight but big deal it was free we highly recommend this hotel it made our stay in Columbia wonderful we hope to stay again

Room Tip: trust the staffs opion I would
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
932ChrisJ, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Our staff strives to provide all of our guests with the type of service that they expect from Marriott. I will congratulate them on a job well done!

Thanks again and we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Staff are fabulous here. This was our third stay in 2 years, and we love how friendly and helpful the staff are. The building is showing some age, and parking is no fun [it's an urban hotel...]. But linens were thick and fluffy, a missing hairdryer was replaced in minutes, and the happy hour buffet is always a welcome sight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for submitting your feedback through TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am glad to hear that our staff quickly handled your request for a hair dryer. I will encourage them to keep up the great work.

I am also happy to say that we are preparing for our Courtyard Bistro transformation. A firm date is not yet set, but it should be sometime in 2014. We are working out the details as we speak! Please come back and visit us so you can see the transformation!

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I have always found the rooms, front desk and food great. Wonderful location. I highly recommend it! Everyone makes you feel comfortable like home. The only thing is parking is tight ... Go to the third floor, much better
Come visit and have a great stay

• Stayed: September 2013
932ChrisJ, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our hotel. We appreciate your business and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy your visit each time you stay. If there is anything we can do to make your next visit extra special, please let us know!