This is an ideal location near to USC. The staff is very friendly. There are many restaurants near by. HVAC worked great. Now the bad:
1) Parking is terrible. There is an attached parking garage with small parking spots that are difficult to navigate, especially when trying to get stuff out of your vehicle. There is limited outside parking, but it's a long walk into the motel.
2) The towels are worn & thin. Time for new ones, guys.
3) I had a suite, but the towel rack and a handicap grab bar were loose and coming away from the wall.
4) After entering my room and closing the door, I was greeted with the remnants of a large spider smashed into the wall behind the door.
This is obviously a motel that Marriott changed into a Courtyard. It is showing its age and is in need of updating to bring it into the 21st century. I was especially disappointed because the GM seemed like a nice guy when I spoke to him the night before in the lobby. The lady behind the desk offered me no condolences or options when I gave her a list of defects.
Looks like I'll be staying some where else my next trip to Columbia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Marriott Columbia Downtown at USC is located in the heart of the University Historic area within walking distance to the Colonial Arena, Columbia Convention Center, Koger Center, State Capitol and The Vistas Entertainment District. Amenities include a new state of the art Fitness Center, complimentary Guest Appreciation receptions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5 to 6:30 with free beer, wine and appetizers and free wireless internet access throughout the Hotel. Complimentary transportation is provided to the Vistas and Five Points restaurants as well as neighboring businesses. Cocky's Bar provides libations Monday through Saturday evenings and a dinner menu is offered Sunday through Thursday nights fromt 5-10pm. The Courtyard USC also has complimentary access to the Capital City Club, a private restaurant and bar on top of the tallest building in South Carolina! Courtyard Columbia is the premier sponsor of USC Gamecock Athletics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Columbia Downtown At Usc Hotel Columbia
- Marriott Columbia
- Columbia Courtyard