1,334 results
All reviews evening reception made to order omelets riverbanks zoo family reunion indoor pool close to downtown waffle house breakfast buffet staff was friendly business trip nice stay atrium sc conference
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019

The hotel was great, fantastic service, a pool, and wonderful free breakfast. I’ll definitely stay here again. Check in was easy and my room was always clean. I like the green option they have for the rooms!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

I stay at this hotel a couple times a month for work, the reason I stay is all about location and nothing to do with the quality of the stay. This hotel I in desperate need of a remodel and some heavy cleaning.
My room this week was damp and smelt like mold, I paid for a premium suite, when check-in came I never received my digital key, I stopped by the front desk and was told my room was not ready but I would be moved to the same room type; I was not. I had purchased a premium corner room but was given a premium suite that had none of the benefits of a premium room.
The room was clean on the surface but there was mold in the restroom, a broken closet door, and dust in every corner.

I went to the pool, in the pool area doors are rusted, and the pool is mediocre at best. To top it off, towels are not available in the pool area and you must go to the front desk to request.

For the evening reception the bar has one employee in a sold out hotel, they are always out of basic mixers such as tonic water and the bartender seems to hate her job. The light snacks are actually great and they have a fantastic employee from Canada ( I cannot remember her name but remember that from her name tag). She is super friendly and very helpful trying to make everyone’s stay fantastic.

Another annoyance is the parking situation. This hotel has a large lot that has nothing special but yet the hotel charges $8 a night to park. They don’t have a key card system so you must wait in the long check in line even if you use the digital checkin to get a tag and them must go back out to your car to place it on the mirror.

To summarize, the location is handy and some of the staff are great but the hotel is really showing its age, a deep clean may help to remove the smells but it’s time to update this hotel to match the price you are commanding.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Just checked into this place room 309 on 04/17/2019. The curtains are filthy, the shower has hair balls in the drain with no cover so it’s there to just look at. The hair ball has the shower draining slow so we get to shower in the filthy water that is stagnate in the tub. Tried to call the front desk and the phone rang for ten minutes before someone answered. This is well below Hilton standards and frankly unacceptable. When someone checks into a room for the first time the last thing they want to see is the last persons filth. We pulled the bed covers back and they were covered in dog hair. Little pieces of dog food were still on the floor. Looked at the towels and they had long strands of hair on them. The chairs were covered in white stains. Writing was on the walls and the windows were so filthy you couldn’t even look out of them. If this is what you would expect from an Embassy Suites in a third world country! To add insult to injury all they could offer us was a free movie!!!! Again we are Diamond Level. I will post this to every single site I can find due to the poor condition of this room. Again the pictures I’m posting is what we saw when we checked in. Thanks Hilton!!!! Would post more pictures but it would only allow ten

Trip type: Traveled with family
Calvin-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Unclean rooms with stains, rust, and distinct odor of mold. In need of updates and regular HVAC maintenance. Pool was being cleaned for entirety of 3 night stay. Great breakfast and happy hour like all embassy suites with an extremely nice staff. Shame on embassy for not equipping their staff with an updated facility.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Dear Excursion18405219573,

We appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel and are very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. We’ve addressed the issues you described with our staff to be properly addressed and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our promise, and your feedback helps us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

Worn down Embassy Suites, front desk staff was not very friendly, hair on bathroom ceiling, uncomfortable bed. Needs an update. Breakfast staff was really nice and outgoing. Don’t know why they charged for parking.

• Trip type: Traveled with family