“Beware, this is not a 100% non smoking hotel.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Checked in after a 2 hour drive and a 8 hour flight. The first two rooms smelled of cigarette smoke. After getting manager on duty we got a great smelling room.
Would stay again in the future if in South Carolina.

• Stayed: April 2013
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I apologize about your first rooms smelling like smoke. We should of made sure your room was properly inspected prior to your arrival. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

We do have a policy that if a guest smokes in a non-smoking suite they will be charged a $150 fee.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Good thing about staying with Embassy is you know what you are getting. They are great for family vacations with the extra space. This hotel while nothing stood out good or bad met my expectations. The line for breakfast was a bit long, but other than that a pleasant stay. Great location to the zoo.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. We appreciate your feedback and hope to exceed your expectations during your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms had a lot of space - typical of other Embassy Suites. The lobby was nice and refreshing but the actual hotel rooms are well past the point of needing a renovation. Signs of wear would be an understatement. The front desk was very friendly and helpful however the housekeeping staff appeared very disgruntled! Not a whole lot of restaurants surrounding the hotel- a Waffle House is within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. We appreciate your feedback and we will work on the areas noted. We hope to see you again during your next visit.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Compared to other Embassy Suites I've visited, this one was just okay. It was clean enough, except there were several spots on the carpeting in my suite. Overall, the hotel can use some updating. Upon arrival in Columbia, I waited 40 minutes for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport. The staff assured me that the shuttle would arrive in 20 minutes when I called, twice. I finally hired a cab and shelled out $30 for the trip. When I got there, I saw the shuttle in the parking lot. When I tried to check in, I was told that they could not find my reservations. I had to use their computer to access my confirmation emails for the two suites I'd booked before they could check me in. All of this made me late for an important meeting. I complained to the manager, Kendall Clay, via email when I returned home. I have yet to hear from him. I am a Hilton Honors member, but that must not matter to the folks running this hotel. If you're considering staying there, you should know that the one restaurant on the property is not very good, and there are no nearby places to eat. Next time I'm in Columbia, you can bet I won't be staying there, and I'll never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

I would like to apologize about your recent experience at our property. We strive to make sure all guest are satisfied prior to their departure and we have definitely fell short of our goal. We will follow up with the appopriate departments and assure you that this will not happen again. We hope you give us another opportunity with your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business conference. The rooms were clean and relaxing. They have a nice exersize room and pool area. The full hot breakfast was very good and the hotel provided a free shuttle service to the Vista and Five Points for our dinner trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your conference in Columbia, SC. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Located so close to the zoo. We used the free shuttle a couple of times which is so nice. Only downside was a pack n play that was supposed to be a crib. They need to change the wording on that when you request them. My 18 month old does not fit in a pack n play anymorw.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Columbia Zoo. I apologize that we did not have a crib in your room as requested. I assure you that this will not happen again. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Had a little bit of a problem with some noisy neighbors, but the staff was quick to take care of it after I reported it. Continental breakfast was very good. The place was decently clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Columbia, SC. I apologize about the noise issues you experienced during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and our cook-to-order breakfast. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Columbia, SC.