“Pick somewhere else; not the quality you would expect from a Hilton Family Hotel.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Not the quality of a few years ago. Will not be back. Rooms are getting run down. Some sort of group function going on on our floor that we were not a part of, so there was a bit of noise in the hall during most of our stay. Whirlpool was much too hot and the chlorine was burning our eyes and nose. Managers reception is laughable except for the free drinks. Heat blew cold all night couldn't get it to blow warm so we turned it down so it would not blow at all. Brand of coffee in the room was bad and the brand in the urns in the lobby was not much better. Over all our try at a getaway was very disappointing. One of the cooks at the breakfast did not know what he was doing. My husband got hard, day old sausage in his omelet. Saw a woman ask for scrambled egg whites and the cook scrambled what we were getting for our omelets. So either all the cook had was egg whites or the cook was just giving out whatever he wanted. As I said before his helper was inexperienced and not much help. The ladies and gentlemen who were in charge of keeping things stocked and clean did an excellent job. And we enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant. The goat cheese, walnut and current salad was the one bright spot in an otherwise dismal experience.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. This is an older place now, not what it was a few years ago.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I would like to apologize about your overall experience with us during your last stay. We strive to make sure all guest are satisfied throughout their stay. We appreciate your feedback and we will take appropriate action in those areas. Please contact us to see what we can do to make this right for you.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The room was lovely and I was completely satisfied, however, I had stayed a hotel that was much less expensive and offered all of the same amenities with the exception of room service. Happy hour should include a few more snacks; cheese, more veggies etc. The wine was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feeback. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

There is not enough parking for guests... unreal how far away I had to park. All kinds of other people at hotel for events seem to get priority. You need an area for guests to park.

MAJOR MAJOR NOISE PROBLEM. The lobby/atrium was SO LOUD on Monday-Friday night it was unreal. People setting up for some auction the next day moving carts, banging around, a piano playing at 9pm, basketballs bouncing, cheerleaders - it is like staying in a circus train. I will NEVER stay here again. While I was there I endured a truck driver event, law enforcement gathering, "Pure Romance" pleasure party provider convention, Univ of Arkansas mens' basketball team, little kids' cheerleading competition, silent auction, and god know what else. I will advise all clients to stay away from this hotel and direct University traffic to another hotel that observes 9pm-9am quiet hours. Does no one here understand that some people travel for work? Apparently they do not cater to business travelers who actually have to go to sleep and get up to work. It is as if there is no other place in Columbia for crazy loud gatherings but this hotel. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: High floor far from lobby. Insist on this. trust me.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I would like to apologize about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to make sure that all guest are satisfied prior to their departure and we have definitely fell short of our goal. Please contact us to see what we can do to make this right for you.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

attended a conference here--I have always loved embassy suites but the service here was exceptional--
really generous breakfast with omelette station, and a really nice "happy hour" with unlimited drinks and snacks--
Despite all the activity at the hotel, the staff was very attentive.
I will absolutley stay here again, as a frequent business traveler, to have the full breakfast and all the amenities really makes it a great deal for me.

1  Thank Nance M
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. We appreciate your positive feeback and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everyone at this Embassy is so helpful and friendly. The manager's reception was very nice. The room, comfortable and clean. Awesome breakfast. Location was great for the zoo, and easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JMM_11
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad you and your family enjoyed their stay. We appreciate the positive feeback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are Hilton Honors members but have recently started staying at Sheratons and Marriots, because Hilton asks too may points for a 1 night stay. Had i used my points for this room, I would have not been happy. Arrived a little early. Didn't seem to be a problem for them so that was good. The guy who checked me in was not friendly but not rude either, just kind of "matter of fact" about the whole check in. The hotel is no smoking, however, they do let everyone stand around and smoke right outside the front door, so as you walk in the hotel reaks the smell of smoke. Kind of like walking into a bar. When I made my reservations, I asked for a crib, it was not in the room. We had to ask for it. When we got it, it was actually a dirty raggady pack and play. It was sent up with no linens or anything. We had to cover the whole inside with a comforter so my grandbaby would not be able to touch any parts of it. The blankets for the sofa bed are almost made out of styrofoam. We had to call for another blanket. He was really nice and acknowledged how bad the original blankets were. The AC worked pretty good in the bedroom but not so good in the "livingroom part" where my daughter and son-in-law were sleeping. Not sure what was happening there. On a brighter note, the manager's special was really great, and the breakfast was pretty good too. All in all it was a so so experience. I dont think i will stay there again, just because i never really felt comfortable there. Everytime I came and went through the front door and smelled the smoke the place felt more and more like a dump. Not at all what I am used to in staying at the embassy suites.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I would like to apologize about your overall experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we will strive to make the proper changes. Please give us a call to see what we can do to make this right for you.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

To make a long story short Lady Bugs and stolen cell phone. Very unpleasant stay. Recently stayed here and they have a real bad Lady Bug issue they comp my first night after transferring us to another room. During the transfer my daughter left her cell phone and when we inquired about the phone the charger was found on the housekeeping cart but no phone. Hotel General Manager could care less!!!!!!!! I have never had a problem like this at any Embassy suites. Homewood suites is down the road so we will stay there the next time we come to Columbia.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We would like to apologize about your overall experience during your stay with us. We did a thorough investigation regarding your lost and found item. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate your cell phone. Once again, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.