“great bargain using priceline & perfect for families”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Laurel, Mississippi
“great bargain using priceline & perfect for families”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

These really were suites that had a bedroom with a door and a living room area that had a sofa bed. A fun and free cocktail time in the afternoon with snacks and the kids had shirley temples. the staff was universally friendly and helpful even when I needed toothpaste at midnight. enjoyed the made to order omelette at breakfast. I felt taken care of.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for choosig our hotel during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and cocktails served complimentary each evening during our Manager's Reception. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a long day at the zoo and this hotel was right there so we decided to stay. The room was clean, service prompt and great, food was delicious, and the bed was so comfortable. I recommend this hotel very highly to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel after your long day at the zoo. For future reference we offer a zoo package that includes two tickets. We look forward too your next visit.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We opted to stay overnight for a trip to the Riverbanks Zoo. This hotel is SOOO convenient to the zoo. The staff were friendly and helpful. Though we didn't use it, the hotel runs a shuttle for guests to the zoo and downtown. Our room was spacious and clean. The breakfast (included in the rate) was wonderful. We definitely will stay here our next trip to visit the zoo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites during your visit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our convenienct location from the zoo. For future reference we offer a Zoo Package that includes two tickets and complimentary transporation to the Riverbank Zoo.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Excellent Value!!! Great Facility!!! Complimentary Breakfast is the Best I have ever Had! The Complimentary Happy Hour ADDS an Extra Bonus to the Value!!!

Room Tip: North Side rooms are Quieter! South side rooms have slight Train Horn noise. Not bad enough to be an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Columbia area. I am glad you enjoyed our daily complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Manager's Reception. We look forward to your next visit.
columbia
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Its not bad no hbo decent gym cocktail hour is nice and the staff is ok

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again during your next visit to Columbia, SC.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed here before on business, and after my most recent stay, decided to finally write a review. I would give this hotel a 3.5 out of 5...meaning "Good". Better than average, but not very good, as a 4 indicates. The lobby is always nice, and the meeting rooms are always comfortable. The staff is always very friendly and very helpful. The 2 things that kept this from a 4 or 5 are this: Stayed in a corner room suite ($200/nt) and had issues with the bathroom, in particular, the tub/shower. The tub was dirty, the shower curtain had dirty brown stains on it (big ones), and the shower pressure was horrible. It could have just been luck of the draw, but I wasn't to thrilled about it. Also, there was a lot of traffic noise from the interstate, so you may want to ask for a room on the non-interstate side. All in all, this is a nice hotel with very good service...but I will stay somewhere else for half the price unless the meetings I am attending are at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
I would like to apologize about the cleanliness of our bathroom. This is not up to our standards and would like to make it right for you. Please contact us during your next visit to Columbia, SC and I assure you that you will have an enjoyable experience.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had admittedly not stayed in an Embassy Suites in well over a decade. No real reason why other than I typically book on Hotwire and it's the luck of the draw.

My luck was obviously good this time around as we ended up at the Embassy Suites. We had great service right off the bat.

If I fault the ES at all, it’s probably that they haven’t really updated their décor much; the common areas especially, but even the rooms, while well maintained, still look much as they did in the 80’s & 90’s. The other beef is that the balcony railings are too low – I had to constantly watch my daughters as the railings are easily climbed on and the danger of falling over for a toddler is high.

Having said those 2 things – we had an awesome stay here! From the complimentary happy hour (which I think they call a “manager’s reception”) which is basically free well drinks, beer & wine and snack, to the complimentary FULL breakfast including an omelet station, to the large, spacious suite complete with a fold out couch and a nice flat screen TV in each room.

The 2nd thing I want to rave about was Justin at the front desk. We liked our room so much we decided to stay an extra night and didn’t want to risk the lottery with Hotwire, so my wife just chatted up Justin and he was able to get us a 2nd night for just slightly above what we had paid through Hotwire and he comped our internet as well!

Overall we had an awesome stay and this ranks as one of my best hotel experienced in a long time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
First off let me thank you for your comments and business. We appreciate the positive comments that you mentioned on the following; complimentary happy hour, complimentary full cook to order breakfast, to the large spacious suite complete with a pull out couch and a flat panel tv. Also, thanks for the comments regarding Justin at the desk, its always nice to get positive comments regarding our team members. Thanks