Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$127
  • Restaurant
$93
Travelocity
1,160 results
All reviewsevening receptionmanagers receptionriverbanks zoomade to order omeletsfamily reunionindoor poolbreakfast buffetclose to downtownbusiness tripnice staystaff was friendlyatriumscconferencesinkinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We stayed for a long weekend.
The room was nice - plenty of space for me, my husband and our two-year-old son.
A light was out in the bathroom, but when we called the front desk they came up and fixed it very quickly.
One of the two elevators was out of service for renovations, which made getting to your floor somewhat painful. Fortunately, we were on the 2nd floor, so we just took the stairs, but I felt really sorry for the people who had to wait for the one remaining elevator. It was reaaaaally slow.
The location of this hotel is excellent - it's just outside of downtown, so it's relatively quiet, but it's only a very short drive to restaurants and the city center.
The hotel also featured a manager's reception every evening, with free hors d'oeuvres and drinks, and a free breakfast buffet in the mornings with a wide variety of food, including some really scrumptious muffins.
Wireless internet access was about $9 per day, though - should have been free.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GreenvilleGirl07
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Reviewed July 12, 2007

We arrived in the evening at the Embassy Suites after being on the road all day, and checkin was ok though rather abrupt. When we got to our room, it was very dark, hardly lit at all. I have an eye problem that requires good lighting, so we went down to the desk to ask for an extra lamp. We have done this all over the country in all sorts of places whenever necessary and never had a problem. They acted like we had asked for the moon.

The hotel had been taken over for a convention, which we were not told about when we reserved. It was hot and incredibly noisy, and when not even a table lamp appeared after several hours and requests, we started calling other suite hotels.

We were told that we couldn't get our money back for this night since we'd been in the room for several hours -- waiting for them! Luckily we found a terrific night manager at another suite hotel, who found us a room for the rest of the week. At about 2/3 the price of the Embassy Suites we got a bigger suite and a manager whose idea of an extra lamp was two halogen floor lamps! We've stayed in Columbia in at least 4 other hotels and never had this sort of experience. Nightmare.

• Stayed: January 2004, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schdyannie

Reviewed March 25, 2007

I was very happy with my stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and responded quickly to my requests. The room was clean - housekeeping did a good job. Room service was quick to deliver - food
OK. I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed March 12, 2007

We were so tired when we arrived at the Embassy. But we were soon relaxed and happy again. The Embassy was large and clean. Staff was friendly. Our room was very clean and huge. I would definately recommend this place to anyone. We were traveling with children and they absolutely loved the pool (of course). Also, the movie selection on Pay Per view was huge. There were movies that I thought were still in the theater. Awesome stop on our way home!

Stayed: March 2007

Reviewed August 30, 2006

The room was nice, big and clean. The hotel itself and the atrium/lobby are very impressive. The area wasn't the best. It just didn't seem like the nicest neighborhood. I can't say anything too bad about the place, BUT I'd probably stay elsewhere the next time.

We happened to be sitting near 5 very loud preteen boys at the managers reception - only to find out there were staying in the room next to us. They were playing LOUDLY in the hallways with toy guns... for over an hour when I finally called the front desk. The staff told me they could only say something if they could see or hear the boys themselves, but she did mention that they had received calls from other guests. In less than 5 minutes I heard her knocking on the door and telling the parents that the kids would have to be quiet -- and from that point on they were much better. I was impressed that the hotel staff bothered to take action.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple