“Excellent Value in Columbia”

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SmokyMtnTravelers
Mike I, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Mike I, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Baymont in Columbia, SC on our way from Maine back to our home in Texas. We chose it primarily because of its easy accessibility off I-20. Though I thought that I had carefully planned our hotel stays for the trip home, I screwed up and unwittingly made non-refundable reservations through Expedia for the night following rather than for the night of our arrival in Columbia. We were shocked to find we had no reservation when we arrived at the Baymont quite late in the evening. Nathar, the guest clerk on duty, expressed concern about our plight and immediately contacted Expedia and explained the situation but was told there was nothing Expedia could do and that we would just have to pay double. Nathar informed us that he felt this was an unfair consequence of a simple mess up on our part and decided that, since the Baymont Columbia was going to receive payment from Expedia for our stay the following night regardless, he would simply allow us to stay free on the night of our arrival which would free up a room at the Baymont the next night. This was a great relief to us. The Baymont Columbia manager at the time, Mike Inman, was not on duty, so I am taking this opportunity to let Mike know that, in our opinion, Baymont has an exceptional employee in Nathar. Talk about going the extra mile. That is exactly what Nathar did, and we appreciate him.
Aside from the exceptional service, we found the Baymont Columbia to be surprisingly posh. The lobby and dining areas were impressive and stylishly decorated. The rooms were of normal size and furnished as you would expect of a hotel in this price range. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and, as other reviewers have noted, the breakfast was generous and tasty. As a convenient overnight stop when traveling the interstate or when spending time in Columbia, we highly recommend the Baymont.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toledoglen

I want to personally thank you for giving me feedback on your stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites. I have shared your comments with Nathar and let him know that the hospitality he displayed to you during your stay was very much appreciated by you and your family. This is the type of service you can expect to receive from all of our associates as we strive to make every guest stay a memorable experience. The reason you chose our hotel is the same reason many of our guests choose us, the convenience to both interstates 20 and 26. Even though convenience is the initial reason for choosing us, we want the guest to leave us with an even better reason to return, that being the high level of service that was afforded them during their stay.
We are happy that you found your stay exceeded your expectations and we hope that you will stay with us the next time you travel through Columbia.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here using my Wyndham Rewards and it was wonderful. The hotel is extremely clean and freshly remodeled, completely smoke-free and the service is top notch! Thomas checked me in after a long drive in the rain and the room was quiet and comfortable. On both mornings, breakfast was the best that I've had at hotels and the wait staff greeted me as if I was at a B&B. It was a wonderful experience. Parking was easy and safe.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends are quieter as they are away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

The staff at the Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia would like to thank you for your business by choosing our hotel for your accommodations needs while traveling through our city. We are happy that you found your stay to be an enjoyable experience and hope to see you again in future travels.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was plesantly suprised at the quality of the hotel. It is hid away and very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This includes the front desk, breakfast room attendance and clean-up staff. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. I will definitily return this this site on my next trip to Columbia.

Reginald,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Columbia.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed for 6 nights. We booked through Priceline and were not sure what to expect. The hotel is just off the interstate, within 5 minutes walk to numerous stores and restaurants. Walmart, Pizza Hut, Ruby Tuesday are all within 4-8 minutes walk.

Pros:

Clean- hallways always smelled clean and fresh. The room and bathroom were clean and well maintained

Mostly quiet- didn't hear 'neighbours' through the walls. Occasionally heard persons passing in the hall but nothing to write home about.

Daily maid service- I opted for maid service every other day, but there was always helpful and friendly staff if you needed something in between.

Daily breakfasts- it was a slow period so they did not have a full breakfast during most of our stay. There was a good continental breakfast however. Breakfast options each morning included:
3 choices of pastries, bagels, bread, choice of cereals with full/skim milk, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh waffles, fruit salad and fresh fruit, coffee and juices.
On Friday going into the weekend, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, grits, skillet potatoes were added to the menu. The food was tasty.

Comfortable beds- pillows were a bit flat yet fluffy but the bed was comfortable.

Great customer service- every worker was friendly. Front desk was able to provide shower cap etc if you were out. Also had no problem borrowing a scissors for most of the day.

Free wifi- the wifi was more than adequate and I was able to browse and watch youtube playlists without issues

Balcony- nice balcony area with patio furniture. I had the view of an interior courtyard with the pool. It was too cold to use the pool however.

Adequate parking- although it was a slow period there seems to be a lot more parking spaces to the back of the property.

Cons:

No microwave in rooms- for longer staying guests, a microwave should be at least on every floor near the ice maker. The microwave was also right by the front door in the main lobby. This made it awkward to use the microwave.

Frequent key changes - the key worked for the doors but then wouldn't work for the side door. We changed keys about 3 times. This was the most annoying part and still nothing to be really ticked about.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kimmieval
Mike I, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I want to thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites for your accommodations needs while visiting Columbia. Also, thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate the suggestions you made on how we can improve the service to our guests and we are looking into implementing your suggestions as soon as possible. Thank you, again, for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Columbia.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

excellent location, close to many restaurants, easy access to the interstate. Clean & quiet. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Ashley,
Thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia. We are happy that you found your stay to be a pleasurable experience and hope to see you the next time you are in Columbia.