“Don't waste your time or money”

Quality Inn Harbison Area
Ranked #66 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was not satisfied with the "quality" of this Quality Inn. The front door of the first room we were given did not close all the way. The furniture inside the room was dirty and unkept. The bathtub looked dingy. It was so dirty in the room, I didn't want to sit on the bed. With my 3 month old son as my number one priority, I told my boyfriend to see if we could switch rooms. Our room was moved to the 3rd floor. As we made our way there, we passed by a woman who appeared to be a prostitute or escort. There were spider webs all over the place. The room on the 3rd floor was just as dirty as the room on the first floor. We asked for non-smoking. However, the room was filled with cigarette smoke. All in all, the hotel was very unsanitary and I would never advise anyone to pay money to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
north carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2014

we recently stayed in the king Jacuzzi suite at this hotel. I did not find it to be dirty at all as some of the other posts mentioned. Of course, I don't walk around scrutinizing the curbsides in the parking lot..but the lobby was neat and orderly upon arrival. Front desk was prompt and friendly also helpful with some directions we needed. The décor is a bit dated, but I wasn't expecting a luxury newly remodeled place either.. I don't need fancy mirrors and chandeliers especially at the rates they offer! My room was ground floor as I requested since I am semi disabled. The room itself while also not a modern design was found to be quite clean, free of bed bugs, clean sheets, and floors and bathroom that was stocked appropriately. We had a micro fridge that was clean and kept our drinks cold as it should. A small dining table near a wet bar and sink that was also clean. I have stayed in many different places that offer a "Jacuzzi suite" or "whirlpool suite" and I must say, this Jacuzzi in itself was my favorite by far!! Most places have a larger than normal bath tub that has some light jets, which ok its nice, but not quite what im looking for.. THIS Jacuzzi was the largest I have had in any room, actually was totally comfortable for 2 people to sit/recline in and have some room to spare!!( When we arrived, I did spray it down with some bleach cleaner before we got in it, not because it looked like it needed it, but just because I am a little OCD about sitting in a very clean tub and I would do this at even the most luxurious of resorts.. )we added our own hot water to our temperature liking and the tv turned so we could bubble away and enjoy watching some movies as we relaxed. We found the bed to be comfortable, and I liked the pillows but someone else may prefer them a little more plump.. Breakfast wasn't anything to get excited about, very basic.. waffle maker, some danishes muffins, yogurts. OJ and apple juice as well as coffee. and some fruit. But it was free and we weren't fighting trying to find a table, so no complaints really. I see a lot of dirty room comments on here, and im sure they do exist, but I didn't have this experience. You also have to remember a lot of this is all about expectations. I had an enjoyable stay and would go back again On the other hand. I have an aunt that I wouldn't dream of bringing here just because I know how she is, and the décor would automatically have put her off. I wasn't there to enjoy the artwork though! Also I found the location to be amazing!! The front desk helped us locate a very short short cut road right from the hotel over to the next road Harbison Blvd that had all the usual restaurants you could imagine, outback, ruby Tuesdays, applebees, ryans, Dennys, Japanese, Chinese, or BBQ.Walmart and Sams club.. Then the mall with the food court and plenty of surrounding shopping centers for shopping. We went to the zoo and it was only about 4 miles away. The staff also was very friendly during our interactions with them.. kudos to them!

Room Tip: king Jacuzzi suite !!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
nova scotia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I will no doubt be echoing the last couple of reviews. This hotel should not have a AAA rating. I will address this with AAA. As the others noted the hotel is dirty. As you step up to the door the walkway is littered with cigarette butts and other debris. The fact the fountain in the lobby was not working should have been the first clue. They were charging extra because it was Masters weekend although that tournament was an hour away. After 10 hours on the road we did not want to travel further and were afraid other hotels in the area would be booked. In the room itself, the mattress pad cover was torn and the actual bedding was stained and the duvet cover had some residual blood stains. Needless to say, it was a very poor sleep that night. I did mention the above issues to the gentleman on the desk upon check-out but he did not appear to understand what I was saying. I did not have access to Trip Advisor prior to check in but I won't make that mistake again. The take away lesson here is that you cannot go by brand name. We later stayed in a Quality Inn in Augusta that was terrific.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spend 200+ nights per year traveling and in almost 11yrs of travel this is the dirtiest room I have ever stayed in. It appears that the carpet had not been cleaned or vacuumed in quite some time. While sitting at the desk working I noticed dead roaches against the baseboards. It took approx 15 minutes to get someone to answer the night bell when I checked in late and when checking in the night clerk stated he was upgrading me to one of their best rooms. If this was a nice room I would hate to see the rest. DO NOT STAY HERE.........

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

very unkempt, not a real breakfast like at other hotels in the comfort suites family. only reason not one start is the sheets seemed clean... I would not recommend this hotel I should have checked trip advisor first I always do. I have learned my lesson.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
fletcher
Reviewed March 3, 2014

A few eating places nearby and some rooms do have a view of the interstate, there is a high rise section attached to the 2 level lobby section. I imagine in it's day it was quite a place to stay, cept days no longer here. Anyhow I got some sleep seems like the room was clean. Some things worn out, some ok. Like I said a very average and older hotel. Get a cheap rate and you'll be fine. Stay upstairs in the high rise, rooms seemed to be a little less worn and there is an old but working elevator. If you can't get a good rate pay 5 bucks more and stay at a comfort or holiday inn express. Oh don't expect breakfast to be much...as usual.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank steve p
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Unfortunately this inn has an ideal location when heading NW and appears to look decent from the outside, however, it's a dump. We should have asked to see a room before we paid. Most all light were burnt out, towels thread bare, pitiful breakfast. Sheets seemed to be clean though.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#32 of 94 in Columbia
Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison

Been to Quality Inn Harbison Area? Share your experiences!