“Not as good as I expected....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pawleys Front Porch

Pawleys Front Porch
Ranked #14 of 962 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, South Carolina
“Not as good as I expected....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed our visit to Pawley's. It was good, but I honestly expected more with everything I had heard.

The burger was a tad over seasoned. The fries were greasy, as other reviews have noted.

With that being said, the burger was still above average. It was huge, when including the toppings. The pretzel buns are very good. The fries appear to be hand cut, similar to what Five Guys offers.

We also had the double dipper tortilla chips. The cheese was good but was too cold. The salsa was unique and fantastic.

Another review mentioned that Pawley's had lost its luster. I am wondering if that is true. With that being said, it is a much better option than many burger joints.

• Korean first
Jacksonville, Florida
“Burger Heaven...minus the onion rings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stopped here during a road trip. Ordered the wadmala and the edisto. Both burgers were delicious, juicy, and could tell the patties were hand made and grilled. I also ordered the onion rings, which I believe were also hand made. However, the batter was falling off of them and a lot of the onion rings weren't seperated, so really didn't end up finishing them. Overall, the place may look a little dirty on the outside, but the food is delicious on the inside.

• Visited May 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Best Sweet Potato Fries!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

When we asked the hotel where to eat, the manager recommended this place saying they had the best burgers. I've heard that so many times about various restaurants, that I took it with a grain of salt. Well, we went and the burgers did not disappoint. They were huge and awesome! I had the Isle of Palms, which is a burger topped with pimento cheese and jalapeno bacon and I ate every single bit of it. But the best part was the order of Sweet Potato Fries that were topped with cinnamon. I usually get sweet potato fries instead of regular fries wherever I can. I can honestly say these were the best I had ever eaten. They also have a kids menu and one daughter had the chicken fingers, which were also good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Frederick, Maryland
“Diners Drive ins and Dives stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The Edisto burger with the vidalia onions and goat cheese on the pretzel bun was out of this world! Great road trip lunch!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went here November 2012 just got around to writing review. We both ordered burgers and thought they were great. Love good burgers! Would go here again and recommend it.

Visited November 2013