“Great Food, really crowded!”

Pawleys Front Porch
Ranked #15 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Orlando, Florida
“Great Food, really crowded!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Saw this restaurant on Triple D and had to check it out; the wait was way too long with a very little area to wait in but we got a fantastic table outside on the porch (perfect weather) and the food was really good. We all three had different burgers and sides so we could try everyone’s and we were all very pleased and very full when we left. My burger had grape jelly, sautéed onions & goat cheese – OMG is was fantastic! I had the sweet potato fries, not impressed but my son had the onion rings soaked in Frank’s Red Hot sauce and they were exceptional. My husband had the normal fried and they too were very good; I can’t remember what came on the other burgers but it was something like pimento cheese, bacon, guacamole, pineapple etc… bizarre but tasty – you get the point.

• Visited November 2011

• Korean first
Cocoa Beach, FL
“Original and Fun”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Went on a campus tour of the University of South Carolina with family. My wife saw a show featuring this restaurant. Food was great, Fried picles were a treat but the service was below average. A little dirty but tolerable, and I think the TV feature may have gone to their heads. When we asked to sit outside, they looked at us like we were stupid. Long waits to get in. I think we'll go somewhere else next time we're in town.

• Visited June 2011
Columbia, South Carolina
“Bar with good food”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We went early to eat with our family (and baby) to take advantage of the 50% off burger night. Food was good. Mine was a little over done,but the burgers were huge and the toppings were unique and different. We weren't the only family there with young children, but you could tell that this probably becomes a true USC college bar at hours later than 5pm. Service was good and food came out fast, which is always important when eating out with baby.

• Visited May 2011
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Not bad”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Tried this place after seeing it on the Food Network. Burger was pretty good, but not as good as I expected. Guess you can't believe everything you see on TV. Onion rings were extremely bland, didn't have much flavor to them at all. Service was mediocre, nothing spectacular. All around a good place to go for a burger and a beer.

Charlotte, Nc
“Great burger”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We have been here twice this year and not disappointed in the food yet. I think the line that is there every night backs up something about this place being worth the wait. Is the service wonderful? No, but it's acceptable for the cost. If you want/expect 5 star service the you should probably choose a different restaurant. The meat is fresh and ground on site & cooked to order. Some of the toppings are a little too imaginative for me but it's not a requirement to order any of them. My daughter gets one with gruyere & applewood bacon & it's yummy. As far as the rest of the menu, I can't say because I've been there for the burgers and will go back for the same. Parking can be difficult if you wait until peak dinner hour but that can be true for any place in the Five Points area.

• Visited August 2011