“Amazing food but I wish we could have had...”
Review of harper's restaurant - CLOSED

harper's restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Amazing food but I wish we could have had a different server.

1  Thank USoCarrooster

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Not overpriced. They serve great pasta dishes. I have heard the seafood is good as well, but I dont like seafood. Check out Harpers, the service is good too. One of the better places to eat in 5 points.

1  Thank tblovinlife08
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Everytime I go home I eat at Harpers. My faves are Pimento Cheese and Spinach apps and either the veggie plate or the 6 cheese penne pasta. I just looked on the menu online and saw neither of my fave apps! I will be visiting next month and may have to change my score if they're gone!
My husband likes pulled pork sandwich, or the pimento cheese burger. This isnt a cheap eat though. Expect to pay at least $20 per person.

1  Thank bellajolie
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Per our friend's suggestion we ate at Harper's during an overnight stay to the area. The restaurant serves American cuisine and is located in the Five Points area of town and has a private parking lot, which was convenient. Some of the other restaurants nearby only have street parking. The restaurant was featuring their Spring Menu, and does change occasionally. Food is decent and the staff is definitely attentive. We enjoyed the Harper's Dipping Trio for an appetizer, which consists of a spinach, marinara and pimento cheese dips. Our entrees consisted of the Blue Crab Cake Hoagie and Carolina Mountain Trout. The trout has blackened shrimp stuffing, mushrooms, almonds, citrus butter, pesto with roasted spring vegetables as a side. The Hoagie that consisted of fresh avocado, swiss, applewood smoked bacon, spicy Cajun aioli, was really delicious and came with a side of fries. The fish was also good and was paired with steamed veggies. The stuffing lacked in flavor and substance. The shrimp were salad-sized shrimp that were WAY overdone, and should not have been in the stuffing mixture. The almonds really didn't add to the stuffing much, and the nutty texture was actually not that pleasant. We also had an order of pimento macaroni and cheese, which, we definitely recommend everyone trying! Our friends enjoyed a steak and roasted chicken dinners. Some aspects of the dinner were really good, and others were mediocre. It is definitely better than average, but it's not necessarily a place we would visit again. We love trying new places, although our friends have visited many times! Our two dinners totaled $27 without drinks, tax or tip. Altogether the 4 of us were around $60 with tax and drinks. I would recommend it to someone that we know traveling through Columbia since the food was decent, and it's the only one we know there!

1  Thank gjscraftygirl
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. They have a great variety of food, ranging from filet mignon to veggie burgers to awesome chicken strips to yummy salads and much more. Try the Dipping Trio for an appetizer - the pimento cheese is delicious. They also have a good kids' menu and some wonderful desserts. Consistently good service and a pleasant dining room as well as a roomy bar and patio.

1  Thank melarina