“Good food, pleasant setting”
Review of harper's restaurant - CLOSED

harper's restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Met friends here on a trip from Pennsylvania to Florida - they live in the area and recommended it. The food was delicious - not the best barbecue or brisket we've had, but very good. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. If I were traveling through Columbia again I would definitely plan a lunch or dinner here.

There are newer reviews for harper's restaurant

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We went with a large party for dinner (around 20 people) and the service was great! Truly - the food came out as expected and the service was good. We were there on a Wednesday evening which is when they have half price bottles of wine (great deal!!!). Overall, it was a good experience and we would go back.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Came with a party of 13 and had reservations at 7pm. Hostess staff was dazed and confused and in order to be seated by 8pm, we had to split up to 3 tables. However, a group of 32 that also had reservations at 7, didn't show up until almost 8, yet they wouldn't release their tables.
Good was good, not spectacular. Served one of our friends undercooked pork.
I would come back with just my wife and at an earlier time.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visit Harpers about every two months when we visit family in Columbia. The food is always good and the service is good, too. All four of us were pleased with this visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

As a visitor to South Carolina I knew I'd have to eat two things eventually: 1. shrimp & grits; 2. chicken & waffles. A cardiologist's nightmare = a diner's delight, especially at Harper's. My boyfriend took me here when I was whining one late morning about craving brunch food. He could not have chosen better. The shrimp & grits was delectable, but I expected that, as I like both very much. (I accompanied them with collards, which were tender & delicious.) What surprised me was the famed chicken & waffles. The breading on the chicken was so fluffy and tender it was almost more like a dessert, perfect companion to the waffles, which, as my boyfriend points out, are Belgian waffles, and so good that I ate most of his, even though I don't' like waffles! Our server was vivacious and personable, engaging without being intrusive. I'd seek this place out for a great Southern brunch anytime, especially if you want to impress some Yankees.