“Good find in Columbia”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Branford, CT
“Good find in Columbia”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Harper's was recommended to us by a couple of locals and we were not disappointed. The service was excellant, very attentive to our needs. The table was spacious and the chairs comfortable. Now to the most important thing: The food. Excellant! I has the 6 cheese penne pasta. They put in under the broiler to finish it off to give it a crispy top. I thought it was a good touch. My wife had the pulled pork, my sister and law had the filet, and my brother in law had the steak salad. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. I actually tasted the pulled pork, it was very good. The prices I thought were fair. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was our appetizer, the Cajun Calamari. The taste was good, but there was not a lot for the $10.00 charged.

• Visited January 2013

Aiken, SC
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped in after attending a concert in the Columbia area. The service was courteous and professional. When my husband noted a concern with his plate, the server summoned the manager promptly. We have never had more professional care from a manager. The concern was cared for quickly with no rebuttal. The meal proceeded well with a new dish and extra food. All in all, the food was quite tasty. My husband had the salmon burger and I had the oriental chicken salad. The cold slaw was fantastic. The restroom facilities were immaculate. This was a really nice dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife, son and I recently ate lunch here after being shut out of some other choices. My son's mac and cheese was pedestrian. My wife's house made vegie burger with beets was good, but too heavy for her tastes. My fried oyster spinach salad was quite good, but several fried oysters short of being satisfying.

The waiter recommended apple pie was fantastic, but the pumpkin praline cheesecake was a big dissapointment. Served frozen, it was light on the pumpkin and praline flavor, and hard to know if it was house made or out of a Sara Lee box. Even though they have an espresso machine, it took an employee conference to make sure they got my americano right.

New York City, New York
“Great food, better service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went here last Friday night at 8 and was seated promptly. Our server was great she upsold me to getting a bowl of soup with my meal. We were taken care of promptly and our waters were refilled before we were finished and without having to ask. The waitress also had a great recommendation on honey mustard sauce with my sweet potato fries. Everyone in my group loved there meals, and it was surprisingly affordable for the quality we got. We could not have been happier and wanted to take care of the wait staff for there hard work.

Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Pass on Harper's”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were visiting Columbia and went to Harper's on Saturday night. The service was horrible ! I ordered potato soup with my meal and when the server brought my meal I asked if she remembered the soup. She replied " I only have 2 hands ". My soup came as I was taking the very last bite of the entree. It was thin and just 'OK'
Our feet stuck to the floor beneath the tabel. Someone had spilled something sticky and it was not cleaned up.
The ladies restroom had 3 stalls. 2 stalls were totally out of toilet paper. The trash can at the sinks was overflowing.
Our meal took a longgggg time to arrive. We did not get bread at all and my husband ordered a steak . It came with a baked potato and no vegetable, salad, or bread.
There are no toothpicks at the front desk. It seemed to us that this place was very cheap and did not care if the customers were happy or not. We were sorry we chose this place and when we return to Columbia we will avoid it.