“Pass on Harper's”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were visiting Columbia and went to Harper's on Saturday night. The service was horrible ! I ordered potato soup with my meal and when the server brought my meal I asked if she remembered the soup. She replied " I only have 2 hands ". My soup came as I was taking the very last bite of the entree. It was thin and just 'OK'
Our feet stuck to the floor beneath the tabel. Someone had spilled something sticky and it was not cleaned up.
The ladies restroom had 3 stalls. 2 stalls were totally out of toilet paper. The trash can at the sinks was overflowing.
Our meal took a longgggg time to arrive. We did not get bread at all and my husband ordered a steak . It came with a baked potato and no vegetable, salad, or bread.
There are no toothpicks at the front desk. It seemed to us that this place was very cheap and did not care if the customers were happy or not. We were sorry we chose this place and when we return to Columbia we will avoid it.

There are newer reviews for harper's restaurant

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I left the kids with the grandparents so we could have a date night. We decided to try Harper's. We LOVED it!! The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was great. We both left stuffed. The prices were great as well. We are already planning another date night to Harper's :)

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The service friendly and helpful, the food delicious... There was nothing not to like here. We had homemade chips with blue cheese as our appetizer and then for our meal enjoyed a great salad and Chicken Roti. The brown rice was delicious and the cole slaw some of the best I've ever eaten. It was obvious the food was prepared with great care and attention to detail. We enjoyed eating outdoors on the patio.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Passed by this place hundreds of times before someone recommended it to me. I had the BBQ brisket tacos and they were awesome.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food is fresh and well prepared. The service is always outstanding. The hamburger is one of the best in town. The chips with blue cheese is my favorite indulgence.