“Roof top bar hotel”

Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel
Ranked #43 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 3, 2010

This got too be the best hotel in south Carolina the Roof Top bar Starbucks marti bar in the safe the pub in the base ment and the Tvs in the bathroom are you kidding me and mini bars in the room.

• Stayed: October 2010
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel

Reviewed November 30, 2010

This is an awesome hotel that used to be an old bank in downtown Columbia! I was traveling with several co-workers, and we had a total of 10 rooms. Each room is very unique, and I would say the only downfall that the rooms have is that they have hardwood floors in them, and being that the hotel is so old, you can hear your neighbors every move!!

Besides that, the hotel was very friendly, clean, and just a fun place to be. The rooftop bar is great, and "The Vault" bar is a great place to sit, relax, and have a martini. When it comes to food and beverage, I would reccomend that you do not eat breakfast on the 2nd floor in the morning, as the service was awful! I sat down and ordered an OJ prior to me placing my breakfast order, and the OJ never came after 10 minutes, so I just got up and left.

Minus that one case, I would by all means return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
SheratonColumbia, Director of Sales at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we're happy to hear that you consider the Sheraton Columbia Downtown "a fun place to be!" Our staff aims to exceed our guest's expectations and I'm sorry to hear that you received bad service during breakfast. I appreciate you sharing this information, as I will make sure to communicate your complaint to the appropriate staff members. We are happy to hear that you still enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 23, 2010

I frequently have to travel to Columbia for work and this is usually where I book. It's a great location right downtown and in walking distance of a lot of restaurants and bars so once you are through with business, you can stay close to the hotel (although if you rent a car you either have to valet park or deal w/ feeding the meters so prepare for that expense). The rooms are beautiful with dark hardwood floors and very comfy beds. They are spotlessly clean and have nice shampoo and conditioner (hey this is important - I hate packing that stuff). The only thing is its pretty noisy sometimes. Traffic noise all night long and if you've got people going through the hall - you can hear that too. Ask for a room at the end away from the elevator and you'll be happier. The staff is incredibly friendly and on top of things so they will do their best to accomodate your requests.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

Had a very nice stay here on a short business trip. Main Street restaurant was very good and the beds were very comfortable, enjoyed the wood floors in the room as well as the flat screen tv's in the bedroom and bathroom. Great location!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2010

While staying at the Sheraton I had a most wonderful experience. The rooms were small but the space well utlized and decorated beautifully with a bit of the old and the new. I was very comfortable in my bed-which is more important that ANYTHING else.
Jack-hands down- was the most accomodating personable conseirge I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He went well past the extra mile to make myself and my colleuges taken care of. He even walked with us to a less desirable parking garage where we foolishly left our car so we had protection from the local bums on the corner-who Im sure were harmless but in stilettos and luggage we were easy targets!! I will most certianly stay there every chance I get when in Columbia!

Reviewed October 25, 2010

I went to Columbia for a business meeting and stayed two nights at the Sheraton. This former bank and office building has been transformed into a charming hotel. It's retained a lot of its historic and distinctive features like the bank vault, hard wood floors, large windows, etc. The rooms are a bit small but that's to be expected considering it was a former office building. It didn't matter because the rooms had great features like flat screen TVs, marble bathrooms, a TV in the bathroom, high-speed internet, and nice views of Columbia. The hotel's greatest asset is it's warm and friendly staff. They were all quick to welcome me, provide any helpful suggestions, and try to accommodate any request. This extended to all the staff including those in the restaurants and bars. I ate at the pub downstairs, watched sports on TV and chatted with the bartender who gave me some good tips about the city. The rooftop bar was fun and had great views of the city. It's definitely the place to be on a Friday night. Overall, I would recommend staying at the Sheraton. It's a beautiful hotel with great staff and close to anything you need to get to (including USC).

Reviewed October 14, 2010

It's a coverted bank/office building turned boutique hotel right in the center of town. The rooms are cozy, comfortable, and very business functional. There are two fun places for drinks - the rooftop bar with views of the city and The Vault. Yes, the old bank vault now serve great martinis. The best feature was the very, very friendly and helpful staff. They make you feel like part of the family.

1  Thank HotRod_88