“Super Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Somewhere Warm
“Super Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed on a club room floor. My room was tiny but had everything I needed (including an empty mini fridge) except glass drinking glasses. (I'm not fond of plastic cups.) I was impressed by just how clean the room was. And Cedric, the Club Room Manager, was fantastic and went out of his way to make the Club Room special. Honestly, I've stayed at Four Seasons and Orient Express Hotels and hadn't had better service.
The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in reference to your recent stay here at the Sheraton Columbia Hotel. We are very honored to be compared to other outstanding full service hotels. We do not have glass in the rooms for safety reasons but I can understand the want for having an actual glass. Upon your return in the future feel free to ask room service for a glass and I'm sure they would be most accomodating. Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Awesome experience, and club level room was great too, but only when Ryan A. was there. He was the only one who seemed to be concerned with delivering REAL hospitality. Thanks for caring Ryan, the hotel was good, but your hospitality made it great!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a response and we appreciate your business. We will make sure that Ryan A. is recognized for his outstanding hospitality. I apologize for the other staff you encountered in our Club Lounge for not being as accomodating. We strive for all members of staff to offer the best hospitality there is in the Columbia and do not accept anything less. Thank you for feedback so that we may better train our staff to all make guests stay a great one.
Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in Columbia on a business trip, and I stayed at the Sheraton. The rooms were nice and clean. I needed extra towels and Sharif brought them to me. He was polite and a great help. The front desk staff, house keeper and room service workers excelled at customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response in reguards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Columbia Hotel. We are so delighted to here that our staff was accomodating during you stay. We strive for ultimate guest satisfaction so it is very rewarding to hear when guests have had a delightful experience. We will pass along the positive feedback to our staff and hope to see you next time you are in the Columbia area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ordered a chopped salad that I had to chop myself... Salmon ( only farmed raised)? The best is I ordered a cup of decaf coffee and was brought a grande Starbucks in a TO GO cup? Did I say white table clothes and fine dining prices? I'm confused that management would think this was acceptable! Or maybe there isn't any management ! Maybe I wanted an actual china coffee cup! I certainly paid for it!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I would like to start by deeply apologizing on behalf of all staff involved for your service at P.O.S.H. This is certainly not the standard that we hold here at the Sheraton and your experience was less than unacceptable. We will make sure to use this feedback as a training tool for our staff and are making some very postive changes to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you very much for your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to WOW you during your dining experience. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future..
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went to Columbia for business and stayed three nights in the Sheraton. The hotel was incredible from the staff to the rooms. I would say this was the most at home I have ever felt in a hotel. The woman cleaning our room consistently went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. The bartender at the vault was very friendly, and the front desk people were helpful with everything. I will never stay in a hotel in Columbia but this one because I enjoyed it so much! My only issue with the entire thing was that parking was $22 a night. I would have moved my car somewhere else but with a big storm and an unfamiliarity with town I opted to use the hotels valet service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent response on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay so accomodating that the Sheraton Columbia Hotel will now be your home away from home in Columbia. As far a the valet is concerned it is outsourced through another company which is why there is a higher fee for that amenity. We do have a self parking option of $12 per night for the garage located behind the hotel. I hope this information helps for your future stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future and as always we appreciate you business.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Good location for area food, the state capitol building and the university. Structure is a converted, old office building, including the first floor, which was a bank. The vault door is intact, and the vault is a bar now. Pretty cool. Some infrastructure is a little old, but very comfy. Easy wi-fi and club access through Starwood points were pluses. We were very pleased to get a free and cheerful shuttle ride to campus, as rain was threatening. We also like Sheraton's green policy; offering Starwood points if you forgo room service. The P.O.S.H. breakfast buffet restaurant was good, although we couldn't understand why the $13 buffet was suddenly $18. A $5 service charge had been added on for both of us. We questioned it, and they removed it immediately, but one is left wondering how that "mistake" was made twice. Vigilance! On balance, we recommend this hotel and will consider staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bluemold
Good Morning,

Thank you for your response in reference to your stay here at the Sheraton Columbia Hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and glad to hear that you will choose our property upon your return. I apologize for the mistake made in P.O.S.H. The breakfast buffet is to be the $13 charge and the $5 service charges were mistakes. I am glad you caught the mistake and our staff took care of it immediately. Thank you for your business and we appreciate your feedback.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was a great trip, ideal downtown location, Leila, Lilly, Front Desk, Sean on shuttle, Jody in restaurant, bell hop service Garrett, Jamie roof top lounge, have missed some, the staff provided all the southern hospitality you could ask for. They could not do enough for you. The hotel is an refurbished bank building with a lot of character so deal with it!!!

We were 8 Canadians on a golf trip and Masters experience and this location worked out perfect.

Thanks to all of you.

Mac

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton M, Sales and Events Coordinator at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for your recent review you posted on Trip Advisor for the Sheraton Columbia Hotel. We appreciate your business and value all feedback from our guests. I am so glad to hear that you had a lovely stay and we will be sure to pass along your praise to our staff. If you are ever in the Columbia area please feel free to contact us we would be more than happy to accomodate a returning guest. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.