“Inviting, Friendly, and Just the Best”

Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great staff, Leith, Jerrica, Kate, Sean, to mention a few. I have stayed there off and on for business for the last five months and it is the perfect away from home stay. I sort of feel like Norm from Cheers. It has become the place "where everybody knows my name". The food in the Club Lounge is delicious comfort food and it is so relaxing to come back to the hotel after a hectic day and not have to worry about where I am going to eat. It is the best Sheraton experience. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I love the suites. They are spacious. Check the city's calendar, there are always activities d...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dilsa, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you feel as if you are at home when you're here. We strive to give our guests the home-away-from-home experience. We thank you for your positive feedback, and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a great hotel, very comfortable. We went to the vault bar and Lily the bartender was great. She was so friendly to everyone and is number one. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. Lily is an asset to the company.

• Stayed: March 2013
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel so much, and that Lily made a great impression on you. She is an asset to our company and we are fortunate to have her as part of our team. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Mr. Leith McGuire is a great ambassador for your hotel. He is a diligent worker who responds quickly whenever we are in need of something in the Club Lounge. His attentive service greatly increases the quality of our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how well you were treated by our staff. We are pleased to hear that you received such great service from Mr. McGuire. His efforts will not go unnoticed. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had a great experience. typically I stay at the Marriott but they were booked so I figured I'd stay next door. I was pleasantly surprised they took customer service to the next level. theres 3 elevators so there wasnt a long wait eventhough there was a wedding, college basket ball game and a gala going on in the area. If you stay here make sure you ask about the "club floors" which there are actually 3 floors. On those floors you get free wine, food and breakfast. Theres three bars on site and one of them is on the roof overlooking the city and on some weekends they have a live band or a Dj (enjoyed that). I loved the wood floors in the rooms it gave a refined look. I couldnt believe there was a flat screen TV in the bathroom, loved it. I also enjoyed watching TV while taking a shower with the big head dual shower heads.I would like to give special mention to Jerrica, and Khalil for helping me decide on a room their customer service was superior. Khalil stopped what he was doing to show me around and Jerrica made my check in smooth sailing. If you want the ultimate experience get a suite like i did with the leather couch. Reflecting back on choosing between the two hotels I definately made the right choice, and Ill be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Drew, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our bars, restaurants and our Club Lounge at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you loved the decor of our rooms. The television in the bathroom seems to be a favorite among our guests. We are excited that we have made a repeat guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great staff who is there to answer any question. Rooms are nice nd stand up shower with two shower heads is great!! Parking is horrible though, shared with Marriott next door and the parking garage elevator reeks of pee.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kili G
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible while staying with us. The parking situation comes up quite a bit. We are located in the middle of downtown Columbia, which limits our parking options. I will address the parking situation with the staff. We are trying to work on a better scenario. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great location in downtown columbia. Wonderful ambience from a building that was once a bank. Rooms are slightly small compared to the size of the bathrooms! Fitness center left a lot to be desired: one of the treadmills was broken as was the clock, the space was cramped, and there were no mats to use on the floor. When I arrived myself and my associate were told that our room came with free breakfast on the mezzanine leve, but the next morning we were told that wasn't the case. The restaurant was understaffed in the morning and the staff was more focused on room service orders. When we complained about the fact we did not receive free breakfast we were given access to the club lounge which was very small and most of the food was gone at 8:00 am. Staff in the lounges were extremely courteous and did a great job hats off to Lilly and Nikki S. they made what could have been a bad stay better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconveniences you dealt with. We will bring attention to the fitness center needs to make sure to avoid future issues there. We also apologize for the miscommunication with our staff regarding your complimentary breakfast. We would like a chance to make it up to you. Would mind calling us, so we know who you are and what we can do to make up for your breakfast experience? We are pleased that our staff treated you well and made your stay better. We look forward to hearing from you, and hope to have you back. 803-476-0279

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We are 4 couples from Canada staying at this hotel April 9 to the 14 th, celebrating our anniversarys and playing a litttle golf. I always stay at Sheratons whenever possible, I know we will have a very comfortable bed in a nice hotel with great staff. I'm hoping that we will be put on the club floor. Has anyone had any experience with this happening at this location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank masonkeane

We look forward to having you stay with us in April. If you would call us and let us know your confirmation numbers, we would be happy to upgrade your rooms to the Club Level. 803-476-0279.