“Red Robin means the best burgers”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers AND BREWS
Ranked #166 of 1,026 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent burgers, well priced. Gave us salad instead of fries at no extra charge. Very friendly wait staff, and upbeat retro atmosphere with plenty of TV's if you want to see the latest football scores. Good for singles, couples, and families.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very simple, the best bacon cheeseburger I have ever had. Don't forget to order the onion rings. Not one single complaint.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I love the burgers here and the customer service is terrific. I expressed to my server that the burgers were just too big for my liking, and she offered me the smaller version of the same burger, even though it was not written on the menu anywhere. Fries are killer, and bottomless, but I've never known anyone to ask for more because there is just too much food.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Good food a little bit expensive but its a great place to hang out after work with your friends or maybe go to lunch with that special someone.
The staff are nice how ever your drink will oftentimes go dry

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have never patronized a Red Robin, so after receiving a gift card we decided to try it on a Sunday evening. It was quite a drive for us to get there; on the other side of town. We arrived, was seated promptly at about 6:30 PM. Was quite busy that evening. We reviewed the menu which took some time and we both decided to stick with a bleu cheese burger; I got the bleu ribbon burger; my wife got the traditional with bleu cheese added to it.

The orders came in an average wait time. The steak fries were piping hot and as other reviewers indicate, apparently they will continue to bring them to you as long as you ask. We were never asked once if we wanted more fries; so I guess you must ask. They were very good in our opinion; the best part of the evening.

I took 2 bites of my bleu ribbon burger and it was cold. There's so much other stuff on the burger, onion pieces, tomato, etc. that trying to find the meat was a bit of a challenge. But I like my food hot; and hot it was not! The waitress returned inquiring if everything was okay; I told her no and she propomptly took it back for a remake. I questioned my wife if her's was okay or not; she had taken 3 or so bites out of hers. At first she said it was okay; not really putting much thought into the questioning.

So I chomped down on the steak fries; eating them all in my basket; awaiting the return of a new burger. My wife then took a couple more bites; and indicated that part of it appeared frozen! It was cold to the touch; more than just not cooked. By the way; we both ordered ours "medium". When the waitress returned my wife decided her's wasn't up to par either and returned hers. She kept the basket of fries; again, that's what we were eating while awaiting our burger returns.

My 2nd burger appeared (with lots of additional steak fries which were again piping hot); it was charred on the outside; and again was not hot. I took 2 bites, enough of this burnt burger! The waitress retruned indicated she had reported it to the general manager and that he would be over to see if all was okay. No sooner did she say that and up comes the general manager. He asked if the 2nd burger was okay or not. I told him "No!". He personally took the burger back after my complaints, cooked a new one personally and brought me burger #3. FINALLY! it was cooked correctly and warm and hot. My wife's #2 came, she said it was average; not hot.

Meanwhile we had consumed 3 baskets of fries;so I was filling up! But I ate all of burger #3. My wife took 1/2 of her's home.

The general manager indicated that my experience was on him this trip; a good gesture. The bill came, it was only my wife's burger and sweet tea - $12 range. Kinda expensive just for a burger and fries in my opinion.

The waitress apologized numerous times. She did her job well; and hopefully our tip reflected that to her. We were appreciative of having the one free and the general manager's attention to it. Guess not many others were complaining; maybe we are exceptions but when we go out we expect it to be perfect for the prices we pay.

Overall; if you don't care how your food is prepared, no problems; but for us it was a bad experience. Unfortunately there is still a lot of money on our gift card; don't know if we will ever use it based on this experience.

1  Thank Alan H