“Red Bowl in Lexington”

Red Bowl Asian Bistro
Ranked #164 of 1,004 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: French
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The food is usually very good and the prices are very reasonable. They have a great selection of different Asian foods including some Thai dishes. I love there shrimp Pad Thai. Their early bird and lunch specials are great for the money. Lexington

1  Thank Van C

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Quick service at this restaurant. Menu has some great selections. I love the decor . Been several times and enjoy the food/service/atmosphere. This is a great place to check out if your looking for tasty asian food in NE Columbia.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I read some of the reviews and almost didn't come here. But we had crash n' burned at other Thai places here in Columbia so my wife insisted we give this place a try.

We came here for lunch (Village at Sandhills) at first and recently ordered take-out. Really nice atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. We have three girls and brought in a stroller/car-seat. It was very family-friendly in my experience. I like that the menu has a variety and combination of Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. We had the cheese stuffed wontons and they were very good. My wife ordered the Pad Thai (hope I spelled that right)... she liked it but says she's had better; nonetheless she liked it. I had the Red Curry Chicken it was REALLY really good! I love their fried rice its different (good different). The portions were very generous.

Overall I would say this place is better than anywhere else I've tried here in Columbia. But I am not from here and not as familiar with all the hidden or known treasured hot-spots for Asian food here. We liked it enough to order take-out tonight, it was really great (again).

Reviewed April 25, 2009

This place is a good addition to the restaurant industry in northeast columbia. Years ago you had to run down Two Notch or Forest Acres to get good sushi, but now you can just run to sandhills. Red Bowl's asian cusine is very gourmet and tasty! It's not like eating at a fast food buffet place. Their food is not greasy or oily! The restaurant has good ambience. Has a very natural wood decor. I went here for a lunch meeting and we were surprise that they had sushi specials for lunch. You get 2 rolls and a soup or salad for around $6.95, that is cheap for a philly roll and a salmon roll. I'm from Boston and we are use to paying much higher!

Reviewed October 9, 2008

Alex and dong are the owners and they run a very good restaurant. I know for a fact that they buy Angus beef and the highest quality seafood. (Try any of the shrimp dishes and you will see what I mean.) You can even ask for something they do not have on the menu and they will accomodate you. This place is certainly one of the best Asian restaurants in Columbia.