“Friendly Staff / great location”

Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Located off Garners Ferry Road with easy access to the highway - The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable - overall a great value.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rbtjc100

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Traveled here for a business meeting and was very happy with the size of the room and the full kitchens. The flat screen was wonderful and I didn't miss a minute of March Madness while I was there. Stayed for the weekend and went to the Five Points St Pats Celebration and had a blast, lots of fun by University of South Carolina. Will probably come back next year just for the St Pats Party!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KrisDOh
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This is one hotel that knows the definition of hospitality.
Clean rooms, great staff. and super location

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank messedup
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My husband and I decided that this was unquestionably the best hotel we've ever stayed in. We went down for my son-in-law's graduation from Fort Jackson and were very happy with the location. There was a Walmart as well as other stores and a plethera of fast-food and other restaurants within a half-mile. The suite was as clean and fresh as could be. The bed was incredibly comfortable, as were the rest of the furnishings. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots, pans... even dish soap and popcorn for the microwave! The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating, and the wireless hi-speed Internet and free movies were a great bonus - along with free laundry facilities which we took advantage of. Will definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank natsaw16
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My sister and I stayed here while taking care of family business. The rooms were clean, and comfortable, and the staff attentive and personable. There are onsite laundry facilities, a small fitness room and an outdoor pool. While there is no restaurant within the hotel, there are several restaurants within 1-2 miles.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lakotasu
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I haven't stayed at the hotel yet but i did come in to inquire about some rooms for my sister and her family to stay in when they come to visit. The girl who greeted me was very nice and so helpful. she took the time out to tell me everything the hotel had to offer during my sister's 1 week stay, she even walked me to one of the rooms so that i can view the room in person. I also want to add that the room was very nice and clean. Not only do they have all the appliances in the room but they even have the stuff to cook with. I know my sister will enjoy it here. I been looking at hotels on line for the last few days but the pictures aren't very clear so i like to view the hotels in person, for my sister's sake. dont get me wrong i been to 1or 2 other places that were ok but i really felt welcomed at this one. I will make sure to tell my family members about this place. Thank you

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank key55
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I sayed at this hotel and it was great. The staff at this hotel really knows how to make you feel as if you never left home. The warm welcome at the front desk down to the housekeeping staff. The over all hotel and rooms were very clean. If you ever are in the area you must stay at this hotel and see what I mean. At check out the manager was at front desk to top off my stay. He ask how my stay was and that made me see how this hotel cares from the managment to every department. Wow, it's hard to find hotels that really care about the guest anymore. One staff member that really stands out in my mind was Ginger, so helpful and never seen her without a smile.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business