“Fresh fish, great sushi!”

Inakaya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
“Fresh fish, great sushi!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just went with my husband for the first time and let's just say it won't be the last. We had the tuna sashimi, eel roll, spicy tuna roll, crunchy roll, Philadelphia roll and dynamite roll and they were all fresh and delicious. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive.

• Visited May 2013

Spring Hill, Florida
“Best Sashimi I've Had”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I eat here often. We are advid sashimi eaters, and Inakaya is the best we have found - in Columbia, SC, in South Carolina, and in the United States. We travel often and far, and we are always a bit disappointed by other Sushi restaurants. Their fish is extremely fresh and the presentation is always top notch.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JoeS0
columbia SC
“Don't Go if Inakaya is Short-Staffed!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family ate at Inakaya last evening; we've eaten there about once a month over the last ten or more years. Last evening might have been the last time. After we ordered and our food was delivered, our waitress disappeared and we couldn't get service. I wanted to order more pork for the soup I had ordered for dinner since it only came with three thin slices; I made do with a big bowl of noodles and cabbage. I couldn't get my tea refilled, and I hadn't been brought water. My husband wanted an order of unagi after he ate his sushi dinner, and we had no one to ask.

When we finally got the attention of a waitress from a few tables away, she came to our table, and demanded "What do you want?" in a harsh manner. We asked for our waitress. She still didn't show up. A waiter finally came and we just asked for our check. I asked if our waitress had died, and he responded that she was serving a big party across the restaurant.

Inakaya is a drive across the city for us. We have a good restaurant for sushi much closer, where I plan to go in the future.

Visited February 2013
“Best sushi/sashimi in town”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I love eating at this restaurant! The servers and sushi pros are very helpful and friendly. I had sashimi last night and the fish just melts in your mouth and the raw scallops were so sweet. Making my mouth water :) the tempura is also very good. If you like tofu, agadashi tofu is yummy. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are a local of visiting from out of town.

1 Thank Nahbi21
Bishopville, South Carolina
“awesome food,,”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

great food, and sushi bar,, many different brands of quality beer. food is great and you will not be hungry when you leave.. they give very generous portions.. Family Boat is my favorite.

• Visited November 2012