“Impressed”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Columbia, South Carolina
“Impressed”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Love the soul food cooking. Salad bar was nice and fresh, all food was hot and ready to eat. Wasn't impressed with the chicken it was kind of uncooked a lil, overall I was impressed. Will I come again yes.

• Visited July 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Food and Service are taking a slide down.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Having lived in Columbia for 17 years or so, I have visited the Golden Coral several times. In fact, the restaurant in Newnan Georgia was just across the street from a hotel we frequented and became my son's favorite spot. However, I was sorely dissappointed to find that service at the Forest Acres location near Shandon Church and Fort Jackson in Columbia is taking a slide down hill. A new system should be created to accommodate the number of customers on a busy Sunday afternoon. My companion actually had to hold a tray of six large drinks for ten minutes until a table could be found. As he was at the front of the line, there was no place to rest it. Had he placed it on the railing that ended five customers behind him, people would have been breathing on our drinks or bumping against them.

Worse was the fact that there was some putrid smell like feet while we waited for seating. Maybe it was a sour mop or place in the carpet. I had never considered sanitation before, but looking at the clientele, I began to wonder how many hands, from all economic levels and backgrounds, had handled the same utensils I was using to capture my food selections. I thought about the hundreds of adult and children's hands picking up the same dipping spoons, etc. Uuum Maybe, I should reconsider and wash before AND after I get my food. Because of the quality and service I used to get, I had never made this consideration before.

Visited July 2013
Eagan, Minnesota
“Getting tired of the disappointing experiences.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

NEVER ONCE has the chocolate fountain been working. Food availability is variable. Need to manage takeout folks grabbing up every piece of meat, leaving diners with only veggies. Wait/floor staff are usually pretty nice. Servers behind bar usually aren't, especially at dessert bar (VERY rude lady). Last time, ice cream machine and chocolate fountain were broke. Get your dishes cleaner too. It's a real shame...been to GC locations in other cities - this one could and should be MUCH better.

• Visited June 2013
Binghamton, New York
“food fresh and price amazing for family of 6”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

all food fresh and hot. cost 29 for family of 6 for lunch. drinks constantly refreshed and plates cleared. staff freindly. kids loved cotton candy.

Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
“After Graduation lunch!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Gets too busy expecially after the ARMY graduations. A lot of the ARMY families and locals congregate on the place for lunch after the graduation. Locals go around the restaurant congratulating the new soldiers and their families. Very nice gesture from them!

Visited January 2013