“If you like to cook 1 piece of food at a time”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Ranked #56 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience a new way to dine when you make The Melting Pot in Columbia your next dinner destination. From the first bite of our delicious artisan cheeses, to the last bite of our decadent chocolate fondues, you will know you have made the right decision! Whether you want to have the full four-course adventure or you are in the mood for perfectly crafted cocktails and cheese fondue, you can find what you crave on our tables. Our friendly staff specializes in creating your perfect night out. Come join us today at The Melting Pot.
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great appetizers and desserts with the fondue. As far as cooking my main meal...don't have the time or patience to cook 1 piece of meat at a time over a flame. Would I go again? Probably not but it is a nice place. Something I did once but not again.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I finally ate here after hearing good things about them for years and decided once is enough for me. This would be fun for a group of friends as the fondue concept will allow for a slower meal and lots of time for fun and drinks. I thought the price was way too much for three ($122) with no drinks. The food is just ok and for that price there are way too many nicer places to eat for less. The service was good, as was the atmosphere. I am glad I finally tried it, but I will not be back.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Just not worth the money, IMO. It was okay, but for the price I was pretty underwhelmed. Different stroke I guess.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I wanted to spend some quality time on your anniversary(to us that means no children around). The restaurant service and food was excellent. THe atmosphere was extremely romantic(lights were dimmed) and a lit candle at the table. We were able to have great conversation, tease each other and just be lovey-dovey. Sometimes when you have childre, you forget the romance and nice times you shared before they got here. Being at the melting pot reminded us just how much fun we used to have together. Great Place-a little expensive, but still a great place.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Overall it was a great experience but I am not in a rush to go back. If you're looking for a romantic date environment, and haven't experienced the "fondue event" I recommend it.

When I called to make reservations they informed me that they offer roses with a picture (prices vary on the amount of roses) and it does come with a vase. My wife was very surprised.

A friend tipped me to ask for the booth in the back, which is the more private to choose from.

I appreciated the experience more than I did the food, especially for the price range of this restaurant.

It is a great place to take a date. In this case, my wife and I had a date night here and had a great time. She enjoyed herself and there was time for some intimacy, romance, and laughs.

Just as advertised they are a romantic setting, dimmed lights, semi-private booths/tables, and the four course meal can take up to two hours...which is great because we love to take our time on date night.

Our waiter was great, everything about him was what you'd expect from a waiter.

The food itself, it was okay, but I would not go back for the food. The cheese fondue was the best but I didn't like any of the meats.

If we went back I would stick to the cheese fondue with refills, wine, and my wife would definitely want some of their dessert again.

They offer a gift card in support of St Jude to where you purchase the gift card for $10 and you get a $20 gift card to their restaurant...in essence you get $10 free in a gift card; helping a great cause and getting your money back: it's a win-win

1  Thank Brunos82