“AWESOME Margaritas, Food, and Atmosphere! A+++++”

Tios Tex-Mex Cantina
Ranked #258 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I visited this Mexican spot (near USC) with a Groupon...and I have to give it two thumbs way up! The place is cozy, festive, chill, clean, and fun. The waitress was super nice and friendly. We had a jumbo margarita which was delicious! My food (chicken enchiladas, beans, and cornbread) was a decent portion and YUMMY! I was happy with every aspect of this restuarant. The prices are reasonable, the food quality awesome, and there is parking nearby (free). The place caters to college kids, couples, pals, and families (we saw all of the above dining there when we visited). A cool place to sit, drink, eat, and even people watch through the large windows! I would go back in a heartbeat! Two thumbs way, way, way up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Tios Tex-Mex Cantina

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Tios is owned by sibs, and they strive to provide excellent food with excellent service. While it tends to be a bit pricey for TexMex, the quality is superior to others in Cola. They even have free parking across the street from the University! This is unheard of and quite a bonus.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Tios is located within walking distance of the University of South Carolina. They have lots of drink specials each night which are fairly cheap. Some of their dishes are over priced for the size and quality you get like their cheese dip, but their wet burritos are HUGE and are priced very reasonably. I will eat there, but I would really prefer other Mexican restaurants to Tios, but it is in a convenient location.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Make your own wet burrito, so named because of the sauce you choose to pour over the top. I had a Spinach Burrito stuffed with Shredded chicken, onions, tomatoes, Monterey Jack Cheese and Avocados. Then it was smothered in a creamy white queso sauce $8.99 plus a bit extra for the avocado. Fabulous. My hubby had his stuffed with shredded pork and topped with their special mild chili sauce, he licked the plate. We also picked up one of the millions of hot sauce varieties on display in the restaurant as a Christmas gift. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The food arrived quickly and hot. I love the ambiance, very college-town. We will definitely go back again.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very casual, campus hangout with cheap to reasonable prices and decent food and great sangria.

Been to Tios Tex-Mex Cantina? Share your experiences!